I bought a set of shapton stones (700, 2000) and the Imanishi (8000) stones after selling my worksharp 3000 - I've decided to jump in the water and force myself to sharpen via stones.I've yet to use them but I've been looking at stone ponds and holders. I decided to make my own sharpening holder station that clamps in the workbench vise to keep it stable, sort of like a bench hook with sides to hold the stones and water dripping in place. I also decided to go with a kitchen storage container for the pond. I got this Starfrit kit that has a perfectly sized 10"x8" container, lock tight, and includes a bottom that raises the contents off the bottom so the stones don't sit in the sludge. Nice !

Now, do I just submerge the stones in the water forever or will the water slowly erode the stone? Should I just soke them as per the instructions prior using and then dry or keep them int he water? (no instructions came with them). Do I keep the 700 and the 2000 in the same container? Any cross contamination?The 8000 I'll just spritz when I use it since it won't soke up any water.