Thread: awesome video of airplane being built

Blog Entries

awesome video of airplane being built

fast motion video of a southwest airlines airplane being built.

its just cool so watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...eature=popular
    Last edited by Kevin Gregoire; 01-02-2012 at 6:18 PM.

That really is a pretty kewel video! Thanks for sharing it.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gregoire View Post
    slow motion video of a southwest airlines airplane being built.
    If that’s slow motion, I’d like to see their regular speed!

Blog Entries
    ooops, guess i just aint used to saying fast motion so i changed it. thanx

Thats a cool video, it would be nice to know the actual build time from start to finish.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

Blog Entries
    Love the paint job. We have Shamu the Killer Whale here in Texas. There may be others but I think the one here was the first and I think one of their first theme planes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Monson View Post
    Thats a cool video, it would be nice to know the actual build time from start to finish.
    the build time are in months, and the amount of wiring are in miles for the larger planes

The production rate for Boeing 737s (the airplane in the video) is at about 30 to 35 a month currently with plans to go to about 42 a month. So, the plan is going to be to produce about 2 per day which is pretty hard to imagine.

Blog Entries
    whats so cool is the size of the plant, its just awe inspiring!

640px-Boeing_Everett_Plant.jpg BOEING+FACTORY07.jpg

Yeah, the Everett plant is the largest building by volume in the world.

A month or so ago I was in one of the hangars where the Gulfstream 650s are being built. It is amazing how fast they can build an aircraft. What always impresses me is how clean everything is, you could just about eat off the floors.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

They bring the train cars with the fuselages through the town I live in. It is a site to see thats for sure.

Several years ago, there was a program on Public Television about designing and building the Boeing 777. It was the first aircraft designed entirely with CAD. A CAD hand was used to check clearances in tight areas where a mechanic would have to put his hand. If the CAD hand didn't go, then the area was redesigned. One of the most amazing things to watch is when Boeing tests the wings to failure. THe 777 was mounted in a large test frame that did not allow the fuselage to move, then hydraulic lifts would elevate the wings near the tips until the wing literally broke. One wing broke at around 22' of elevation, and the other one went even higher before breaking.
    Where's the beef.

Blog Entries
    i seen a show a few months back on the 787 i think it was, pretty cool what the pilots do to it after its built!

777 Ultimate strength wing failure - upper skin compression crippling failure. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai2HmvAXcU0

787 wing failure http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA9Kato1CxA

The 777 was designed under the legacy boeing management, the best commercial airplane built. The 787 after McDonnell - Douglas took over, thus the dismal failure of the program.