Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who wants to try a Veritas Bevel Up Smoother?

Hi John,

I'm a bit north of you, in Western Mass. Would it be possible for me to get my name on the wait list?

Regards,

Dwight
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read." - Marx (Groucho, that is.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Beebe View Post
    Hi John,

I'm a bit north of you, in Western Mass. Would it be possible for me to get my name on the wait list?

Regards,

Dwight
    Sure thing, Dwight. I think I'll end this round with you. That should take us through the next few months and then I'll have some fun with it again

Well, I haven't heard from Bill. I'll give him until the end of the day, and then we'll move on. Going once....going twice....

Alrighty, then. Mr. Joe Faulkner....you're up. Please send Chris and I your address and phone number.

John, I just picked up a LV 4 1/2. It should be fun to compare them in a side x side comparison.
    Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Ungaro View Post
    John, I just picked up a LV 4 1/2. It should be fun to compare them in a side x side comparison.
    I DEFINITELY want to hear the comparison. Be sure to write up what you find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Griggs View Post
    I DEFINITELY want to hear the comparison. Be sure to write up what you find out.
    Will do, Chris. I'll try to go through a few species of wood for testing. Mahogany for sure, some oak, Southern Yellow Pine, and some maple, if I have any.
    Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by John Coloccia View Post
    Alrighty, then. Mr. Joe Faulkner....you're up. Please send Chris and I your address and phone number.
    Done. I have an end grain cutting board on the bench right now, so I'm looking forward to taking this plane for a spin. My plane collection consists exclusively of reburbished Stanley's, so I'm particularly interested in seeing how this compares.

Safely arrived in Indiana today. Next stop - end grain cutting board.

Glad it arrived safely. Have fun with it Joe, I know I did. I had never used any kind of BU plane before so I am really glad I had a chance to use it. Feels really different if you are used to BD planes, but it really does perform wonderfully. I still think I have a preference for BD planes in most cases (probably because thats what I'm used to) and I likely won't buy one of these for myself (although I have an LA jack on the way for shooting), but I must admit this thing just bulls through the wood like it isn't even there and once I got used to the different feel I really got why so many people love these planes.

Nathan, you're up! Joe PM'd me that he's had enough fun. Nathan, kindly send your name and address to Joe and I, and we'll get that out to you

12. Hey all - just sent my address to you. I'm pretty stoked!

John, just stumbled across this thread and have to say you get my vote Creeker of the Year! Very cool. Wish I was south of the border as I would have loved to participate.
    Well done!

Have to say that it was fun having this. Nathan, it was shipped this morning. You should have it early next week.
    As a relatively new handtool guy, this was the first "modern" premium plane I've ever had the opportunity to use. It helped me get a better sense of what to expect from my refurbished #4 Stanley, and it motivated me to finish honing the iron on the old #8 Stanley that I received as a Christmas gift. Thanks John!

Hay guys.
    Have not been here for a while. Just this morning I was looking at my Luthier workbench (where I had broken it a few years ago)thinking I wish I had a good Smoothing plane to use to help fix this end grain. I come back here and I find this. So can I get on this good Karma list???
    Thanks RCT