Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who wants to try a Veritas Bevel Up Smoother?

Gary's got it.

Bill Clark: Send Gary and myself your address and phone number so he can mail it out to you.

Bill has graciously offered to let someone else give them a try before him as he's not really in the market for one but would just like to try one. We won't forget about you Bill

Jonas Baker is up next. Please send you name, address and phone number to Gary Viggers and I so that we can get them to you.

John, great idea! You're a class act.

Scott

How does one go about getting in the queue?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe A Faulkner View Post
    How does one go about getting in the queue?
    You're on the queue back after Bill.

Right now we're

Jonas
    Chris
    Bill (I put you back on after Chris)
    Joe

John, that's might nice of you, done in true SMC spirit. I am often surprised by the camaraderie of woodworkers. I'd throw my hat in the list but I am afraid I'll be tempted and I already have all the basic planes I need from a smoother all the way to a jointer. Must keep temptations away.
    The means by which an end is reached must exemplify the value of the end itself.

If the offer is still standing, I would love to give this plane a try. I'm thinking about getting a few good planes (I have a couple beaters) and would love to know what I'm missing. Unfortunately, I don't live near enough to a woodworking store to try them out. :-( Thanks for your very generous offer, btw!

John, this is so gracious of you. I am next up on the list, so I sent John and Gary my address. I will let both of you know when it arrives.

As I said in the PMs, I am pretty excited to try this plane. My next plane will most likely be the Low Angle Jack, but who knows, maybe after trying this I'll want the low angle, or the bevel up smoother. I need something that will work on difficult grained hard woods without tear out.

I assume this plane is coming with a 25 or 30 degree bevel on the blade? I do want to try it at a higher angle on some really hard birdseye maple I have.

Looking forward to receiving it. Thanks again John for giving us the chance to try it.

Jonas Baker

Well, it's about time to pass this thing on. I've been busy and haven't really been paying attention, but it looks like Chris is up. Chris, please send Jonas and I your address and phone number.

Sweet! Sending PM momentarily!

John,
    Could you please put me on the wait list as well?
    Maurice

So the current list, after Chris, is

Bill (I put you back on after Chris...you waited long enough)
    Joe
    Nathan
    Maurice

This time I'm going to try and pay more attention and keep it to about 2 weeks or so.

Quote Originally Posted by John Coloccia View Post
    So the current list, after Chris, is

This time I'm going to try and pay more attention and keep it to about 2 weeks or so.
    I'll turn it around pretty quickly. I should get it some time next week, so my plan is to play with it next weekend and then send it back out the following week.

Ok, I've got the BU smoother packed up and ready to go. A good time was had! John correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Bill is next on the list. Bill, send John and I your address and phone number please, and I'll ship this out tomorrow or Tuesday.

Yep, Bill his next. He gave up his spot earlier on, but he's up if he wants it. Bill, send Chris and I your name, address and phone number. Thanks Chris.