Thread: Toolnut made me do it!

Toolnut made me do it!

As many of you have read I was looking for a new bigger lathe. So following MANY recommendations on here I called toolnut inquiring about lathes talked to Doug for about 30 min about 1642, and the PM 3520b. 220v vs 120 HP jet vs PM all of it. Got into prices and he made me order the Jet 1642 2HP 220v by making it less than 90% of the other places have the 1 1/2 HP 115v and being one of the best no hassle polite any question answered no BS salesman I have ever dealt with. This time next week I should be gloating about the new toy in the shop.

A+++++ to toolnut.
    Last edited by Brian Palmer; 01-06-2012 at 7:44 PM.

That's cool you got a good deal with Tool Nut. I have never had any luck with them. I called about a year ago looking for the same lathe. They couldn't beat Woodcraft. Maybe it was because Jet was having a sale. Anyway, congrats on the new lathe. You are going to love it. I love mine. I am trying to turn a 16" plater now.

Hah, I think you tricked them into taking you money, sly dog you are!
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I will get out Monday and take some pics for ya. Everything from Oak to Cherry to losts of ash. You name it it is probably in the piles some where.

Brian, I too am looking at a 1642-2. Looking at the website, it looks like their price is kind of high. Do you get a better one when you call or what?
    Tom

2 Chronicles 7:14

Yep I sent ya a PM with some info.

Mine should be here tomorrow! Im gitty as a school girl!
    Last edited by Brian Palmer; 01-12-2012 at 10:21 AM.