Thread: Freedom Pen Drive

Freedom Pen Drive

I talked to a lot of my regular customers and my friends on Facebook this month about helping with Freedom Pens. Pens aren't my biggest seller, I normally sell around 20 pens a month just as a filler to go along with my signs, cutting boards, and fretwork. This month I made a pledge to my customers that for every pen I sold I would find the time to make an additional pen from local mesquite for Freedom Pens. I think we are at 27 for the month now plus what I can scrape together from myself personally. I'm sorry that is isn't more, but we will continue to try to send more pens every month. Thanks for doing this program, it's an amazing effort! I will be shipping all of our pens to you on the 7th of June. Thanks again for all you do.

Jerry Moriearty
    The Woodshed

Jerry,

Thanks for your help making Freedom Pens for our Troops, twenty seven pens will definitely be appreciated.
    I still turn pens when I can find time but I always schedule lathe time on Memorial Day and Veterans Day.
    I have my pen blanks ready to go for my one man Turn-A-Thon starting this Monday morning.

Keith

Keith,

I sent a box of pens a couple of weeks ago, you should have received them on Thursday. I hope they all made it in good shape, I never have much faith in UPS. My family sat down together and wrote out notes to put in the bags for the troops, it was a very nice family evening for everyone. There should be more coming soon. I just cut up another 50 mesquite blanks and have a plenty of kits to spare. Give me a shout if you need anything else!

Jerry Moriearty
    The Woodshed of Lubbock
    lubbockwoodshed@gmail.com

Jerry,

I will check with Jackie to verify your pens were received.
    You can also check the Master List of Pen Turners thread in this forum to see if your pen count has been updated. The last edit was on August 15th.

Jerry

We received your pens recently. I have included your name in our list of pen turners.

Jackie Outten