Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Show me your Sheet-goods lifter/mover

Quote Originally Posted by richard poitras View Post
    www.hafele.com/us/documents/HAC_hpc_materialCartMI.pdf

I have one of these Hafele tilting panel shop carts. They work great and no lifting at all. You can even use the jack to lift the sheets up to any height of your tools. You can also put on about 15 sheets of 3/4 material it a beefy cart.

Richard
    Unfortunately, Hafele no longer makes these carts, according to their web site. :-(
    One can never have too many planes and chisels... or so I'm learning!!

Hafele quit making them a few years ago. Two years ago Jet had one that looked like the Hafele, and I tried to order one, but they refused the order and said they no longer carried them.

I finally ordered the ShopCart, from Adapa. Wouldn't you know, not long after it arrived there was a Hafele on CL. I bought it too, and kept them both for a year or so, when I sold the Hafele to a member here.

The Hafele is a great unit, looks like a copy of the ShopCart. Nice and heavy, with good wheels. The only difference between the two is that the ShopCart has an 'X' type cross brace on each side that goes up and down with the top, making it capable of heavier loads when raised to the max. I have put half a dozen sheets of ply on each one, and in practical use, it didn't seem to make any difference. I am sure the ShopCart would carry more weight, and is probably better in a commercial situation, but for home use, if you can find a Hafele at a good price.....grab it.

Rick Potter