Thread: Vent cover

Blog Entries

Vent cover

Here's a vent cover I just completed for a humidifer system. Before the cover was installed the fan was completely exposed in the wall. The air flow is from the fan out through the louver, so the angles sides elp disperse the moistioned air into the room. The top and bottom are made from oak plywood and the slats are made from solid red oak. It is 24" wide and about 20 inches tall. It sticks out from teh wall about 6-1/2 inches to get over the fan motor. Since the slats will see moist air, I coated the entire pieces with several coats of polyurethane.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Lee it looks great! It looks to have hidden that motor nicely. You can't see it unless you are looking for it!
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"