Thread: Thanks again to all...

Thanks again to all...

I joined SMC about a month and a half ago and in that Time I feel I have learned a lot from the various topics discussed. I have been inspired my the many turnings posted here (really, beautiful work everyone). I have also found myself quite jealous of the Talent, Apparent ability to spend a lot of time in the shop, and wood collected, nevermind the tooling that many have been able to obtain (afford). (I fear it will be far too long before I join the "Mustard Club")

Jealousy Aside, everyone has really gone out of their way to be encouraging. Everyone has really tried to provide useful advice and critque. Unlike any other group of people that share something as particular as turning, I have inferred not even a hint of annoyance when questions that may be obvious to the more experienced among us are asked. (no hazing of the newbies) I have read numerous times of suprise wood showing up at the door un-promted, accolades and congratulations on various achievements and on and on... now that is a community.

So really... Thank you all for everything. I look forward to continuing to hone my skills and draw on the experiences of all of you and passing these things along to others as my experience builds.

It is a pleasure meeting you all (virtually anyway...)

Chris, the pleasure is all ours!! SMC is a great place, with great folks always willing to share. These folks even welcomed me - a lowly flatworker!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Studley View Post
    So really... Thank you all for everything. I look forward to continuing to hone my skills and draw on the experiences of all of you and passing these things along to others as my experience builds.

It is a pleasure meeting you all (virtually anyway...)
    Chris,
    I'm not far ahead of you and I agree completely with your assesment of SMC...A great place with a great group of people who are always willing to help. So, I'll add my Thank you all for everything too!
    "Count your age by friends, Count your life by smiles."

Same here. Just wish that I could get to meet many of the people that have responded to me.
    C&C WELCOME

5. Quote Originally Posted by Allan Ferguson View Post
    Same here. Just wish that I could get to meet many of the people that have responded to me.

Now that would indeed be COOL!!! I am sure some of us will meet at various symposia over the upcoming years.........just make sure to say "howdy!"

Glad to have you swimmin' in the creek, Chris!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

The hazing of the newbies starts in the third month! Welcome!

Definitely a great place and community!

This forum has helped me more than I can say. If you have problems SMC is here to help. If you need advise on tools SMC is here. If you want to give advise SMC is here to listen. I am on other forums but this is by far the best out there. When my shop burned a few years ago I was ready to give up but SMC was there for me and now I have a new shop and I owe it to SMC. It's just like one "BIG" family helping one another. Your always welcome here at SMC.

Do the words "Thank you, Sir. May I have another?" mean anything to you?...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Welcome Chris! I stumbled upon this place a couple of years ago. Certainly changed what I do in my free time!

Same here, great place to hang out. Even get a great laugh from time to time which is always fun. Keep up the learning-it never stops.

Same here. The Creek's the greatest place in the virtual world for turners. I have only posted a few times, but follow it almost daily. I too have learned much from the many sages who post here. And that is why I became, and have remained A CONTRIBUTOR!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work everyone.