Thread: Nordic tablesaw blade? A brag/gloat but of minor signicance.

Nordic tablesaw blade? A brag/gloat but of minor signicance.

I have heard and read about different table saw blades but this used but not abused saw blade was I believe a real find, a Nordic 80 tooth for clean cuts (finished edge) on laminate. I'll use it for cutting sheets of plexiglass. As I mentioned earlier it was a used originally and then taken to a sharpeninf sharpened saw blade that was never picked up by the shop owner. He or she failed to claim it for months so there it hung on the retail wall waiting for a buyer. It cost me 30 dollars Canadaian including an adpter bushing to take from 3/4 inch to 5/8 inch so will fit the arbor on the table saw. Its estimated to have half its life remaining of the on the carbide of of the blade. When the saw sharpener pressed the bushing in the 3/4 inch hole he told the the blade was reset because of the distortion in pressinng the bushing into the arbor hole. This may be my second only highlight in the new year as far as tools purchases go.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Shnitka View Post
    .... When the saw sharpener pressed the bushing in the 3/4 inch hole he told the the blade was reset because of the distortion in pressinng the bushing into the arbor hole.....
    There's something really weird about that, but if it saws, it saws. If I were cutting a lot of plexiglass (or anything else for that matter) I would check a blade for the correct hook angle.