Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delta 14" bandsaw dust collector port

Dick,
    Add me to the list of folks who like what you've done for dust collection on your 14" BS. Thanks for sharing!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Manning View Post
    Dick,
    Add me to the list of folks who like what you've done for dust collection on your 14" BS. Thanks for sharing!
    Mike
    I made a fully dimensioned Sketchup model for my Delta box that I'd be happy to share. Feel free to PM me if interested.
    Dick Mahany.

Bruce I used your idea on my delta. It works well. Mike.

4. my implementation of sawmillcreek ideas on 14" delta bandsaw dust collection

I have taken ideas from the forum and implemented them on my 14" Delta band saw. What I implemented did not alter the bandsaw with the exception of two drilled and tapped holes. I documented the process I went through with pictures and text but the resulting file size is too large for the site. Private message me and I will be happy to share the document with you via traditional email.

I took some wire and wrapped it around the dust collector's 4" flex hose about six inches from the end of the hose. Then I put about a 1" loop in the wire, which I hook over the table-alignment pin on the bandsaw. This puts the end of hose the right up by the lower guides, where it sucks up most of the sawdust. It's quick, cheap, and doesn't require modifying the bandsaw. I could take a photo of it if that would be helpful.

--Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kees View Post
    Bruce I used your idea on my delta. It works well. Mike.
    Glad it worked for you. Spent a bunch of time figuring how to mount Tee, then Rockler came out with their blast gate mounts which fit the bill perfectly. Less than ten bucks to add better DC. Only drawback is it only works with table at 90 to blade.

I posted this a while back but these are the two designs I made for my two vintage Delta / Rockwell Band Saws. Neither is very pretty but they do work and other than the 4" interface made out of scrap materials.

Neither requires modifications to the saws. Both types use a combination of friction mount and a tab that is held in place by the blade cover knob and or the extra strap with the sheet metal version.
    Of the two the wood one works the best as it puts the 4" dust hose right at the table bottom. Both were trial and error hacks but they do work

IMG_2051.jpgIMG_2047.jpgIMG_2042.jpgIMG_2041.jpg