Thread: The fujibato stone

The fujibato stone

There have been several mentions of the Fujibato 6K waterstone across various threads, usually mentioning that he sells the occasional stone on EBay. I am currently using Sigma II's in 1000, 3000 and 10,000 grits. I love them but I'm starting to thing that, for some of the steel I push across them, I may have a bit of a hole between the 3,000 and 10,000 stones.

I've found a vendor in Japan (330mate) who has a type of Dutch auction on his site, but nothing on EBay searching for "Fujibato" or anything close to that name. Which EBay seller do I look for if I want to try one of the 6K stones?

Regards,

Ron

That's fujibato.

I don't think you have a gap with those stones, but that's just my opinion.

The 6k stone is much different than those in feel, but might be something nice to have for the price, just to see what you think of it. It'll give you an idea of what a 10k chosera feels like, and if you decide you don't need it, it'd make a great practical kitchen knife finishing stone.

I think his site price is higher than his ebay price. See the following (auction # - no affiliation to the seller):

When one auction runs out, he lists another one, so there's never any reason to pay more than the minimum price.
    Last edited by David Weaver; 01-31-2012 at 8:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Kellison View Post
    I am currently using Sigma II's in 1000, 3000 and 10,000 grits. I love them but I'm starting to thing that, for some of the steel I push across them, I may have a bit of a hole between the 3,000 and 10,000 stones.

Regards,

Ron

Trimmed for brevity.

Hi Ron,

Did you know, the Sigma Power Select II #6000 is a very nice stone in it's own right?

(Did you know it even existed?)

Just curious.

Stu.

What about the SP (not the II, the hard or whatever it is) as a supplement, just to get a slightly different type of stone (harder, etc..)?

At any rate, the 3k II is reasonably fine and I think it'd be faster to go straight to the 10k (given how aggressive they are) than it would be to add an interim stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Tierney View Post
    Trimmed for brevity.

Hi Ron,

Did you know, the Sigma Power Select II #6000 is a very nice stone in it's own right?

(Did you know it even existed?)

Just curious.

Stu.
    Stu,

I didn't know it existed! The price on your website certainly seems reasonable given the general quality of the other 3 stones I have. I've moved from King to Norton and now the the Sigma II's. They bring a smile to my face almost every time I use them!

Regards,

Ron