Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Artist's chest of drawers

Your Grandfather would be very proud, as should everyone else!

Nelson that is a beutiful piece!! Great story to go with it.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

Very nice work. Simply beautiful.
    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. Mario Andretti

Thank you all for your kind words. It was a fun project, and I learned a lot doing it.

Mark,
    To deal with the cross grain on the molding, I built a mitered stretcher of douglas fir for both the top and the bottom. The molding is glued onto the outside edges of the stretcher. On the bottom, the stretcher is screwed to the carcase tight in the front and through slotted holes in the back. I did basically the same on the top, except that this piece also contains the mitered frame around the hinged lid. The carcase is free to expand and contract out the back, which is unmolded.

Nelson
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is an amazing piece. I urge you to write a paragraph or two about the background of the wood, the occassion of the build, and give it to your Mom to keep with the piece. The story along with this chest should be handed down to the generations that follow. Well Done!

Sweet piece, real sweet piece!

Excellent !
    MARK

Gorgeous. Now, I just have to hope that my wife who also does pastels doesn't see this, or I'll have another big project on my plate. With far less talent than you to do it.

Great job.

This is a beautiful piece! I love furniture built for a very specific purpose.

If you don't mind, I'll borrow your design for the folding stand It will come in handy for a music stand I want to make.