So once the forum seems to be on the waterstone subject, I'd like to ask pretty much the last pieces of information that I don't see were covered in the comprehensive information of the last posts (great to be part of sawmill creek!) . I was planing on the Sigma power, I love buying from Stu and also they seem amazing, however, I realized that I'd much rather a stone that doesn't need soaking. Rob Cosman use's the Shapton glass, he goes from 1000grit straight to 13000grit, just spritzing them with soup water. I was wondering if these are suited to tough steel as well (HSS plane blades) and if there is any specific disadvantage to using no soak stones. the shapton glass don't seem to clog any more that the sigmas (from watching videos).

I don't plan on e-v-e-r using a power grinder on blades, call it crazy if you wish, I bought the Norton 220grit but I'm not expecting it to do magic. for example I have a 1/8 inch chisel that I plane to hand ground down to 1/16 of an inch, and I expect to do other work like that, creating blades, establishing bevels and so on... so what would be your recommendation for a grinding stone? I tried an oil one and excuse my language, it's #$#@!. with this stone I AM looking for magic....

Thanks, I think maybe a few threads should be added to the Neanderthal Wisdom or something.