Thread: Saw a new show on Netflix today

Saw a new show on Netflix today

I'm a little under the weather today, so I vegged out on the sofa with my puppies watching a new show. It's called "Law and Order". Seems pretty good, and I have 20 years worth of shows to see!

That's been one of the few shows I cared about watching for years. Original series is the best IMO.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

There are many good series on Netflix! My wife and I have watched all of the Stargate stuff, the Walking Dead (great zombie show!), Dexter, and a few other series. Right now we are watching Breaking Bad. Great series! Netflix is pretty good for this although sometimes you will find missing episodes or episodes that have been duplicated (eg, episodes 3,4,5 will all be the same video... very annoying).

I started on Dexter, and it's a well put together show, but just the whole idea of chopping people up is not that interesting to me. I just finished Burn Notice- that show is fun, with some Bikinis thrown in for added zing!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Cherry View Post
    I started on Dexter, and it's a well put together show, but just the whole idea of chopping people up is not that interesting to me. I just finished Burn Notice- that show is fun, with some Bikinis thrown in for added zing!
    I wonder why so many super spies are wearing thongs - it must be some sort of disguise thing. That, and the 14 year old covergirls that are kickass secret agents with KungFu skills (along with perfect makeup and hair).
    When did they stop making TV shows for grownups? Theodore Sturgeon was right...broadcast TV is why my shop has lighting for night time use.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Matthews View Post
    .......When did they stop making TV shows for grownups?
    When "grownups" stopped being the demographic that buys the stuff in the commercials. Simple economics.

broadcast TV is why my shop has lighting for night time use.
    I have no way to recieve broadcast tv. If I want to watch a show, it's on the computer or netflix. I used to have cable, but the price kept going up, and there really was not much on there for me. I liked the news discussion shows, but I really am happier to be without it.

When did they stop making TV shows for grownups? Theodore Sturgeon was right...broadcast TV is why my shop has lighting for night time use.
    The answer is immediately after the cancellation of "Northern Exposure" (well, the final year was lame) . Nothing even close since.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson