Thread: Playing with new toy

Playing with new toy

Hi All
    Just got my mini in last week and have been playing posted some photos at
    www.shepswoodncrafts.com/laserengraving they are not linked to rest of site till I get better at using the laser. My rep is coming down this weekend to show me the ropes and how to use it but I could not wait ,had to play.
    Did make some of the boxes and had the ridges on the vectored edges also, but looking at them and the cut ut it looks like they are from when the beam hits the vector grid it get reflected back up and leaves a ridge. Will ask the rep when he gets here and show him the black on the grid.
    Having Fun
    rich

Congratulations on your new purchase! I love "working" with my laser...I agree, it's more like playing! I think others have found success when dealing with the vector cut marks by boosting the material up a bit, I don't remember right off but I bet you can find something on here or someone might jump in. Otherwise your rep will probably have some suggestions.

Isn't it amazing all the things you now have the ability to do? The possibilities are endless.

Good luck and welcome aboard!

Laura DeMeyer
    Etched in Time Engraving
    http://www.etchedintimeengraving.com

Smile Did my first inlay

Hi all
    Did my first inlay tonight.Did not start as one but hey things work out for the best. Had a photo my Boss wanted engraved in wood but did not have enough contrast to look good, so I tried it on plastic and got what I wanted. So made a new board and tried to inlay the plactic into it. I think it turned out ok for my first. Check it out on the web page, click for a full size view.Sure has been fun learning what I can do these last two weeks.
    rich
    www.shepswoodncrafts.com/laserengraving.html

Rich,

Make sure you contact JDS and ask them to send you their new 2005 catalog and the CD. JDS has been publishing their catalog on CD for about two years now and it can be real helpfull to those who are just starting out, it gives you lots of photos to put on your web site and you can use the materials photos to make mockup photos for customers.

JDS 800-843-853
    www.jdsindustries.com