Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trying to make a comeback to woodworking...new shop pics inside...

Quote Originally Posted by Don Jarvie View Post
    Nice shop. How big is it? It looks huge.
    Putting my Karnak the Great hat on... I'm going to guess... from the picture, that it is 30 x 40 with 10' ceilings.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Jarvie View Post
    Nice shop. How big is it? It looks huge.
    Thanks! Todd did well with the whole Karnak deal. It is in fact 30 x 40 with 10' ceilings.

Terry, glad to hear that you have entered into a season where you can once devote some time to woodworking. The mats certainly add a nice touch to the shop floor. I'm sure you will appreciate the cushion.

Thumbs up

Well I'll just say......It's about time bud!!

You'll have to come pick me up next time I'm going through town, so I can come and give your neat shop a drool session.

Any plans to get back into hand plane collecting.....er....rust hunting....er.....using. Yea, that's it. Using

Terry

It's good to see you back on the Creek. Keith and I are happy that you are posting again. You have been missed. Your shop looks great!!!

Jackie

Blog Entries
    Dude!
    I too want to welcome you back to the creek! Your shop looks pretty much like I remember it, but with a cushyer floor.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back!!! It feels good to be back posting again. I'm going to finish the templates for the chairs on Saturday and hopefully have a "real" woodworking post soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning View Post
    Dude!
    I too want to welcome you back to the creek! Your shop looks pretty much like I remember it, but with a cushyer floor.
    We need to get together sometime, Larry. You need come up and feel the floor for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy View Post
    Well I'll just say......It's about time bud!!

You'll have to come pick me up next time I'm going through town, so I can come and give your neat shop a drool session.

Any plans to get back into hand plane collecting.....er....rust hunting....er.....using. Yea, that's it. Using
    Missed seeing you at the KC show!!! You were being talked about...most of it was good. LOL... I'm pretty much set with the planes that I have now. I sold the bulk of the collection when Kate went to college. I kept most of my type 3 bedrocks and a few others that I actually might use and turned the rest into tuition. No plans to start a new collection.

Let me know when you are in town. It would be fun to hang out and talk about the old times.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Outten View Post
    Terry

It's good to see you back on the Creek. Keith and I are happy that you are posting again. You have been missed. Your shop looks great!!!

Jackie
    Thanks Jackie and Keith for the kind words and thanks so much for all you have done and are continuing to do for the woodworking world. Hope to contribute some more posts soon.

Blog Entries
    That is one fine shop with lots of neat "toys". Envy... Welcome back.

Blog Entries
    that is one of the sweetest shops i have seen, but......

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gregoire View Post
    that is one of the sweetest shops i have seen, but......

LOL...thanks. The shop is sitting idle again right now. I've broken my right hand and now I'm one handed and not able to get much accomplished in the shop for a while yet. **sigh**

Sorry to hear about the injury Terry. Get healed!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Great shop!! Sorry to hear about your hand. Heal fast.