Thread: Carriage Returns disappearing - SOLVED

Carriage Returns disappearing - SOLVED

This is frustrating. I'm trying to create a posting for the classifieds. I do what I always do, compose it (in HTML) in MS-Word, then cut and paste into the SMC editor. Everything looks right when I do that, but when I hit 'Preview Post', all the returns are stripped out - not just in the preview, but in the editor too. It also happens if I just type text into the editor, so it's nothing that MS-Word is doing. Help!

As you can now see (notice the blank line after the last paragraph) I've found the issue. It's the Safari browser, latest update must have broken it. When I use IE everything is peachy. Oh well. Thanks for the suggestions. Good idea on CTRL-Enter, but that has no effect.
    Last edited by Dan Duperron; 02-06-2012 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Found the answer
    -Dan D.

Ray's rule for precision:

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe.

Sometimes hitting SHIFT ENTER will force a hard break.
    Dave W. -
    Restoring an 1890 Victorian
    Cuba, NY

I don't know if this is your case, but I ran into a problem like yours on another forum. The problem turned out to be FireFox's NoScript add-on. JavaScript had to be enabled in order for formatting to appear correctly. I don't know about recent versions (I don't use MS Office) but Word used to produce ........non-standard...... HTML. That should not affect output from the built-in editor though.