Thread: Mike and Cynthia Look Out

Mike and Cynthia Look Out

Just kidding! You don't have anything to worry about but these are my first two tea pots. They are made from Ambrosia Maple, 2 1/2 diam. x about 6" tall. The handle was made from 3 very thin strips, steamed, bent and glued together on a form. The spout was made from two pieces with a paper joint. The outside was cut and shaped. Then it was split and the inside was hollowed with a dremmel tool. C&C most welcome.

DSCF0769.JPGDSCF0771.JPGDSCF0779.JPGDSCF0767.JPG
    "Count your age by friends, Count your life by smiles."

Blog Entries
    Ed, I think tht would give any tea pot turner a run for their money. A very realistic look and a beautiful form my friend. Very, very well done.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

Thanks Bill. Maybe I'll be able to talk Cynthia into decorating the unfinished one.....hehe.
    "Count your age by friends, Count your life by smiles."

Those are really neat, Makes me wish I like tea. I could put diet cola in and pretend. Great job and thanks for the look.
    Member Illiana Woodturners

Ed i think you did a really good job on that pot. Love that top.

Very well done, Ed!! That is the fabrication/engineering side of you coming out.

I'd say "look out". That is a teapot with real attitude. Of course the Gibsons are masters of this form but I have a hunch they would not be at all embarrassed to say they had made this.
    David DeCristoforo

Nice work, Ed! The top reminds me of a lidded beer stein, but it would need a thumb handle to open the lid if it were a stein.

I am impressed Ed!
    The only thing missing is the pyro work!

Super Ed!!! Good to keep the teapot duo on their toes!!! :-)
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe