Thread: Corian odd sizes and shapes .....

Corian odd sizes and shapes .....

I have seen Corian in different types of shapes and sizes.
    I would really like to find rock, brick and bolder shapes.

I can't find a source for them after searching for quite a while
    although I have seen pictures of these shapes described as
    Corian.

Can you walk on Corian or any other synthetic stone that can be
    laser engraved?

Anyone have any leads for me.

Thank you, I appreciate any and all responses.

John

You could find Corian offcuts from your local Cabinet Makers. The largest offcut I think you'll find will be a sink cutout. Try googling "corian alternatives" because there are other products similar to corian, some cheaper and some more expensive. I don't think you'll find a supply of shapes though, however if you can get the offcuts it's pretty good to work with using woodworking tools like saws, routers, planners etc... and any imperfections can be easilly sanded out.
    I'm Back.... & Currently Using a 500 x 300 50w C02 Shenhui Laser
    with Corel Draw X5, RdWorks Ver8, Adobe Master Collection CS5, Ratsus Plugin for PhotoShop instead of Photograv.

Were they sheets of a regular Corian pattern cut in the shapes of a rock or brick? If so I would suggest it was custom made for a job on a CNC router using an appropriate Corian pattern. Or do you mean that the shapes actually looked like a brick or rock? If so I would suggest that someone has routed the shapes on a CNC router and then sublimated them with a pattern. (That would be a bit expensive.) In any event, I suspect they were made from scratch for the specific purpose and that they were not an off-the-shelf item.

If you need irregular shaped Corian I think your best bet is to find someone with a CNC router that will cut the shapes for you. If you were doing say a donor wall you could even make different shapes of "rocks" so they were not all identical. It would probably not be much difference in cost.

You can't walk on Corian without damaging the surface. The same is true of similar materials.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

What is your use? We may be able to help more if we know how you planned to use it and if
    you are going to laser it.
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!