Thread: Bob Sleds

Bob Sleds

I am looking for a set of plans that would mimic the old horse drawn bob sleds that used to have one long bed to cover both the front and back sled. Used for hauling 4 foot pulpwood in my corner of the world. I can find plans for lots of single sleds but not what I am looking for. I 'd like to reduce the scale to fit my 4 wheeler so that the runner spacing would center up to the bike. Approx. 35". This winter in particular would be ideal for getting firewood cut and moved out with less than a foot of snow where I live. The most critical part is the design on the runner bottom. I was of the opinion that the runner was totally flat on the base but in fact it is not. Guess I should have paid more attention when my Dad used to have a set. Too young then to pay attention back then. Greg

Just checking back to this post. I will take a full size set and reduce the scale to my size from those. I'll post some pictures after completion. No doubt many of the younger crowd have never seen a set. Thanks Greg