Thread: Super Nova 2 Chuck

Super Nova 2 Chuck

Has anyone ever purchases a reconditioned SuperNOVA2 Chuck? Technatool is selling then for $99 plus the insert. I have one that I purchased new about 5 years ago and have had no problems with it.

Thanks in advance

I just pruchased one but have not yet received it. I couldnt pass up such a deal. will keep you posted

Bought a G3 reconditioned. Very nice and great price. I have been using it for a couple months.
    C&C WELCOME

my experience with reconditioned products has always been very good. I buy whatever I can from CPO or Recon resellers and save a decent amount with no issues.
    I may just have to pick one of those up...can always use an extra chuck, and even with shipping, excellent deal.
    Laugh at least once daily, even if at yourself!

My first chuck was a Super Nova chuck that had been used as a demo chuck for a number of yrs before I got it. This is the older style before the Super Nova 2 came out. This chuck has always performed well for me so I would not hesitate to buy a "reconditioned one" of either the old or new version. I currently own 6 Nova chucks, one older style (my first) 4 of the Super Nova 2 and one Nova Titan. and all of the Jaws that are available for these chucks.

John

Bought one of the reconditioned ones a few weeks ago, LOML has it all loaded up with a walnut bowl right now. Certainly worth getting yet-another chuck (four SN-2's and three Titans)
    Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that is more by accident then design.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Rinehart View Post
    I may just have to pick one of those up...can always use an extra chuck, and even with shipping, excellent deal.
    Watch the shipping, the FIRST option as $115 (for shipping). I'm guessing that was next day by 10AM !!!. Actual was much cheaper
    Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that is more by accident then design.

I bought a reconditioned SN 2 a few weeks ago, works great. I bought the original SN, reconditioned, a few years ago and it is still going strong. Highly recommend the recon'ed chucks.

I bought one a few months ago and it performs just as well as the one I bought a couple of years ago new. I would buy another in a minute without hesitation.
    Paul Singer
    Jet 1642EVS 2hp

I've bought two of the reconditioned SN2's, both are operating just fine. Doubtful if I will ever buy another new chuck. I have four SN2's, and I can't tell any difference in any of them in actual operation. Only one of them was mfg. in NZ, the other three are PRC.

Rich
    *** "I have gained insights from many sources... experts, tradesman & novices.... no one has a monopoly on good ideas." Jim Dailey, SMC, Feb. 19, 2007
    *** "The best way to get better is to leave your ego in the parking lot."----Eddie Wood, 1994
    *** We discovered that he had been educated beyond his intelligence........
    *** Student of Rigonomics & Gizmology

Waste Knot Woods
    Rice, VA

My first SN2 chuck was brand new. The second one was a reconditioned one and I can't tell the difference between the two of them....well except for the nice price break! I wouldn't hesitate to buy a reconditioned one again.
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

Have had one recon for 6-8months, no problems

Just bought one. It was $20 for the insert and $18.29 was the cheapest shipping. Thanks for the feedback.
    Last edited by Greg Just; 02-09-2012 at 9:15 PM.