Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Perfect Snow Board for woodworkers who ride!

Perfect Snow Board for woodworkers who ride!

So I recently tried snowboarding. Been out twice, hooked the first time! My youngest daughter (15) wanted snowboard gear for Christmas, and I've always wanted to try, so now's the time!! Been searching for the perfect board... and I think I found it!! Saw one just like this on the mountain yesterday, and I think I'm convinced!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

i got one last year for Christmas, a burton k2 got a season pass thing year. of course theres no snow. but i would love to have that board
    14x48 custom 2hp 9gear lathe
    9 inch pre 1940 craftsman lathe
    36 inch 1914 Sydney bandsaw (BEAST)
    Wood in every shelf and nook and cranny,,, seriously too much wood!

I see an inherent problem with it, though, Dave... It is all one piece. When things get strapped to your feet when you are on the snow, there should always be two of them. Now, take that board to the band saw, and cut it in half with parabolic curves on each of the two new edges, and we'll talk. THIS is how it should look...Copy of IMG_9310 (Large).jpgForum size 1 (1).jpgForum size 1 (2).jpg Yeah, these are of yours truly...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis rosche View Post
    i got one last year for Christmas, a burton k2 got a season pass thing year. of course theres no snow. but i would love to have that board
    I've been to Camelback twice so far. First time had fresh snow, 2nd time was just this past Saturday, no fresh snow but the conditions were just fine there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    I see an inherent problem with it, though, Dave... It is all one piece. When things get strapped to your feet when you are on the snow, there should always be two of them. Now, take that board to the band saw, and cut it in half with parabolic curves on each of the two new edges, and we'll talk. THIS is how it should look...Copy of IMG_9310 (Large).jpgForum size 1 (1).jpgForum size 1 (2).jpg Yeah, these are of yours truly...
    Haha! Great pics Mike!!!

You know, I have wanted to snowboard ever since I knew what it was, but I just have never had a desire to ski, sorry man!!

Dave,

I've had the bug for an Arbor snowboard longer than I've had the woodworking bug, but my old Burton just won't die. Maybe those boards are part of the reason I got into WW!

Andy

If you are a woodworker, no need to buy a wood one--make one.

My employee is an avid snowboarder and rides his homebuilt board several days a week.

Dave, i wish i could get there. my pass works at roundtop, liberty, and whitetail. and i have to try to fit it around college classes. and i have no car of my own on campus so i have to find a ride with someone else whos going. im still hoping for a snowday so i can go spend the day boarding

Hey, Chris, meet me at Roundtop on Friday night. We race Nastar on Lower Exhibition from 6:30pm til 9pm (or until the course wears out...). I'll be in all black with a red helmet. I wear a race suit (black with a dab of red on the legs) and a practice jacket (padded). Oh, and I have a goatee. We have two weeks left of the league...this Friday and next. Unless, because of some canceled weeks, they decide to extend it a week or two...but I doubt it.

I'd say meet me at Liberty or Whitetail, but neither of them run Nastar anymore...bummer...they are the closest two resorts to me.

Oh, and if you haven't tried it yet, you know you can run gates on a board, right?
    I drink, therefore I am.

Mike, im still learnin. i got my board for christmas last year and i had never been on the slopes before. hopefully i can get up there friday. i wear all carhart, no helmet and burton boots bindings and board

Dude, get a helmet. You are safe in your shop aren't you? A skull cap will save you... Hope to see you there...I'll keep an eye out.
    I drink, therefore I am.

you dont happen to go anywhere near millersville on your way there?

Not sure where Millersville is... I come up on 15 from Frederick.
    I drink, therefore I am.

oh, just looked it up, its way the otherway from you.

Snowboards are the ideal Spring Conditions boards. Deep and steep? The snowboard makes the going MUCH easier.

For ice, groomed corduroy and flat hills - I'll stay with the sticks. I'm on the fence, since 1986 (before many posting here were born).
    I'm surprised anyone has sufficient snow to race, it's basically Spring here.