Thread: cottontail rabbit

cottontail rabbit

Finished this not long ago. Carved from basswood to a depth of 1/4". The background is three different stains that were then glazed using artist oils to highlight certain areas. The leaves and tree were colored with watercolors and then highlighted with glazes in just a few places. The rabbit was finished with artist oils. Base colors were put in first and then multiple layers of glazes were applied to give depth.

It was a long process but I was really trying to get a realistic woodlands scene. Hope you all enjoy it.

Mark Strom

cottontail2.jpg
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 02-10-2012 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Removed personal website link per the TOS

Really nice Mark. I have always been envious of the carver's skill to create.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Mark,

I will say that you did a truly impressive job of carving. The detail is outstanding.

Bob

That's a killer bunny!

Really some great work. Look in the mirror...smile...you are worthy of your gloat !

Thanks for posting.

Very effective. Crop the photo and I could believe I'm seeing the real thing. Very nicely done.
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge