Thread: RhinoCAM PP for Chinese DSP Controller RZNC0501

RhinoCAM PP for Chinese DSP Controller RZNC0501

Hi,
    Anyone here have RhinoCAM setup for their Chinese CNC Router with a DSP Controller RZNC0501?

I have been using VCarve Pro but was going to try and stay in Rhino so I bought Rhinocam since I have a rotary device (4th axis) whwhich I want to learn.

In VcarvePro, I saved my toolpath as: G code mm - *.tap file.

Any advise or guidance would be appreciated.

I'm not having much luck with Mecsoft & PP they think should be used.

Vicki

Rhinocam Post

Rhinocam...... not an expert by any means on machines...... but we do use Rhinocam a lot.... Rhinocam allows you to edit post processors.......

Post Processor ......Option... then edit....... not much you can't change here.

I would suggest pulling your router manual out and checking the codes for various post processors ..... and modify those that might be close as you require ..... and give your files the ending extension required. We have done some modifications on ours ........ we have fourth axis and a drill head in addition to the normal spindle ..... (although very seldom ever use them).....

Mecsoft tech department has the ability to go on line with your machine and change/modify/observe things if you ask them...... They always seem to answer our questions.

Blessings,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,
    This is a chinese built CNC router. I have been going back & forth with Mecsoft . . . the pp they suggested isn't working. I told them my manual stated that the dsp controller software was compatible with Type 3 or Art cam and several others but no luck. I had no problem with the "G code" pp in Vectric but RhinoCAM just sits there. RhinoCAM doesn't list a "G Code MM *.tap" PP.

I am going to try the General pp in RhinoCAM and I think I can change it to mm as it is in inches. 0 to 1 - I believe.

Vectric works great however but not for the "rotary attachment" (4th axis) I am told. Thus the purchase of Rhinocam, which seems to have a very steep learning curve.

But thanks anyway.

Vicki