Thread: Easy to make toys

Easy to make toys

I am looking for plans for easy to make wooden toys. I recently made a bunch of rubber band guns and my kids love them so now I am looking for other simple to make toys that they might enjoy. One thing I have in mind is a marble run but not quite sure how to go about building it yet.
    Universal M-300 (35 Watt CO2)
    Universal X-660 (50 Watt CO2)

Hans (35 watt YAG)
    Electrox Cobra (40 watt YAG)

Glass With Class, Cameron, Wisconsin

I've seen several example of toy Trebuchets. Here is a link (first one Google tossed up to be honest).
    Last edited by Jerome Hanby; 02-14-2012 at 1:46 PM. Reason: typo

You could try the marble machine from woodgears.ca. He's got plans as well.

Joe,
    If you have a lathe you could do some tops. My grandson was playing with some battling metal tops that were the craze this Christmas, so I made some wooden pull string tops which actually spun longer than the metal ones. He had a great time with both and was glad when grandpa's tops won the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Calver View Post
    Joe,
    If you have a lathe you could do some tops. My grandson was playing with some battling metal tops that were the craze this Christmas, so I made some wooden pull string tops which actually spun longer than the metal ones. He had a great time with both and was glad when grandpa's tops won the battle.
    I am actually in the process of building a stand for my lathe right now so that may be one of the first projects I do on it.
    Universal M-300 (35 Watt CO2)
    Universal X-660 (50 Watt CO2)

Hans (35 watt YAG)
    Electrox Cobra (40 watt YAG)

Glass With Class, Cameron, Wisconsin