Thread: Joy "turned" to sorrow - heartbreak on Valentines Day

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Joy "turned" to sorrow - heartbreak on Valentines Day

Back after Christmas I was mulling over my options for the $$$$$ I got for Christmas, should I buy more Vortex toys, er, uh, I mean turning tools and related items...........or should I use the funds to do a very badly needed paint job on my wood hauler Dodge pickup. Well, I went for a complete [make it look brand new] paint and body overhaul on the thing........it runs like new. The body only had a few small dings........... I was scheduled to pick it up from the body shop at 2 pm........got a call at 12:30 from the guy, and his employee was backing out of the bay and his foot slipped off the clutch and the thing lunged with the drivers door open.........tore up the drivers door and messed up the freshly painted tailgate.........this thing looked like it came out of the show room and the last touch-ups where he was detailing the inside were being completed............literally an hour or so from a completely finished job........... Now the door has to be replaced and hinges, and of course a re-do on the tailgate as well..........I am broken-hearted on Valentines day, ..........bummed out, big time.......of course they will make it all good but a few more days to wait! I needed to "vent" but patience is called for on this one............but I am sad!
    Last edited by Roger Chandler; 02-14-2012 at 2:58 PM.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!