Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Delta 18-900L -- Any reason not to?

I've got an email into Delta on that one. I'll let you know if I hear back. If not I'll start bugging them publicly on Facebook.

Well, took bugging them publicly but I finally got a response. Flip stops are not available separately. They are "looking into it" but that would mean at a minimum they are many months away. IMHO, this is a deal breaker on the fence since you can't set up left and right stops for, say drilling hinge holes from the top and bottom of doors without doing 2 different setups. I'm thinking about buying some parts from Rockler to build something similar which is what I should have done in the first place.

Good luck if you damage or loose part of your fence. Apparently they don't support it!

Here's what I'm looking at from Rockler:
    1 of 2-1/4" Multi Track
    1 of 1-1/4x2 Brackets
    2 of 2-1/4 filp stops

Add some misc. hardware and for the same price as the Delta fence you get a functionally equivalent and EXPANDABLE system for about the same price.
    Last edited by Matt Meiser; 03-14-2012 at 9:54 AM.

Hopefully, when they get their parts department moved and setup this and other parts related issues for Delta will disappear.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.