Checked my checking account this a.m. and much to my surprise I purchased $2209.85 worth of fishing gear at Fish USA through their website. Wow, I must have been sleep shopping again. I really like to fish but . . . hmmm . . . that's a little high for my hobby budget. Called the bank and filed a claim for fraud, then shredded the card. Then I called Fish USA and spoke with customer service. I explained the situation and asked if they could provide any further information on the order. Within five minutes someone called me back with the name of the person who placed the order, and the ship to address. I was able to get the order cancelled. Yay, me! I also shared the info with my bank's fraud department. I would like to have had the items purchased though, 3 Shimano $700 reels.

Here's what I can't figure out . . . how did this person get my account number, etc? The person used my debit card info. I always use that card as a credit card so I don't have to enter the PIN number. The only thing I have changed recently is using the ATM for deposits but I always cover the keypad. Are there people out there with RFID scanners snatching my card info from my purse as they walk by? Since I have information regarding who placed the order can I file a police report? Would anything happen if I did?