Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Chinese laser purchase/Shenui/Laserworks tips and tricks thread

this is unbelievable! It is highly unusual
    who is the manufacturer? how much did it cost you? what kind of tube do you have?are the letters very crisp?
    Mr C.

2. Hello everyone.

I am looking into buying the Shenhui SH-G460. http://www.shenhuilaser.com.cn/produ...raver_460.html
    The measurements say it is 700 MM wide. This is about 28 inches. The reason I am so interested in measurement, is because I need it to fit through a door.

Is the base removable to make it even more "door friendly".

I am also worried about the door that does not fully enclose the engraving area, as I will be running this inside an office using this fume extractor:
    http://www.quatro-air.com/sph400-las...r-marking.html

I am concerned that with the door not fully enclosed, it will render this $2,000 USD air purification system useless as vapors and odors will escape from the opening on the door.

Thanks in advance for all your answers, the forum support and experience with shenhui systems is pushing me ever closer to purchasing this machine.

3. Hello everyone.

I am looking into buying the Shenhui SH-G460. http://www.shenhuilaser.com.cn/produ...raver_460.html
    The measurements say it is 700 MM wide. This is about 28 inches. The reason I am so interested in measurement, is because I need it to fit through a door.

Is the base removable to make it even more "door friendly".

I am also worried about the door that does not fully enclose the engraving area, as I will be running this inside an office using this fume extractor:
    http://www.quatro-air.com/sph400-las...r-marking.html

I am concerned that with the door not fully enclosed, it will render this $2,000 USD air purification system useless as vapors and odors will escape from the opening on the door.

Thanks in advance for all your answers, the forum support and experience with shenhui systems is pushing me ever closer to purchasing this machine.

Blog Entries
    If the filter system is doing its job, air should be pulled in from around the door edges, not escaping outwards.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Jacob;
    Shenhui uses what I call "box on box" construction. Legs can be removed from top box and back box containing laser tube can also be removed if necessary. If the front and rear have "pass thru" areas which are not covered, ask Shenhui to add removable panels as safety precaution as you have small children whose eye level is same as opening. They will do this at no charge.
    As Dan said, a decent exhaust system should eliminate fume problem.
    Best Regards,
    George
    Laserarts
    *twin 80 watt Shenhui 1280
    *60 watt Laserpro Mercury -42ips
    *(2) 30 watt Laserpro Venus-42 ips
    *whole bunch of woodworking/metalworking machines
    *128 screwdrivers (all needed)
    *wonderful wife (1st) of 53 years who allows me to collect screwdrivers

Jacob,

As George said, you can dissassemble the machine easily for transporting inside your shop/office. I did the same as I had to move the machine to my basement. The pictures below show the dissassembled machine.

Regards
    Khalid
    Markham-20111102-00142.jpgMarkham-20111102-00143.jpgMarkham-20111102-00144.jpg
    Shenhui 80W RECI (600mm x 900mm)
    Corel X5

7. I am all over the place choosing a machine. I have engraved with a chinese machinem and with an epilog, and the differences are TREMENDOUS. I cannot afford a western system (unless i finance a GCC, but then it is 3x the cost of a chinese machine)

What if I get a chinese machine with a Synrad Firestar laser?

I talked to the GCC rep here in the US and he said that glass co2 tubes from one pulse to the next never generate the exact same laser spot, and common sense would tell me that in order to get consistent engraving, the pulse before the current and the pulse after must all be the same.

Is there a huge difference in engraving quality between say 1 60w chinese glass tube and a 30w synrad tube? Since my business will rely on engraving to generate income, is this difference worth the costs?

Is it silly to have a chinese machine with an american laser?

As you can see I need some guidance.

A Chinese machine can engrave just as well as a mainstream machine. The difference is that a mainstream machine can do it much faster - and that may very well make the extra cost well worth it.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

Hard call, from a technical point of view the RF source will produce a far better quality beam however it is still coupled to a Chinese optical system with it's own inherent issues.

The GCC rep is right but for the wrong reasons, take something like a GSI SLC glass tube, that will produce a far better spot than any of the mainstream western RF units but costs 10x as much as a normal DC tube and 3x as much as a metal RF unit. What he is referring to is the transverse mode of the beam, DC tubes tend to run multimode far more so than RF units but when bolted into a Chinese optical system and chassis there will be very little difference (other than price) between a Synrad RF in a Chinese machine and a Chinese tube in a Chinese machine.
    A ZX series tube from EFR will produce as beam of equal standard to an RF run through a Chinese system (and cost a lot less than an RF source)

I love Chinese machines, they make me a lot of money but I'm also under no illusions that they can match Western machines for engraving quality off the shelf.

Is it just engraving you wish to use the machine for or do you intend doing much cutting?

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

10. I will mostly be engraving on wood veneer with PSA backing, but then I need to cut that veneer after it is engraved. But engraving will be the majority.

Don't know if anyone did this already but I moved the table switch to the upper panel on mine. It's easier to reach this way.
    4.1.jpg5.1.jpg

12. Hi all

Can anyone tell me what focal point distance needs to be for a X1390 10 0wattLaser Engraver. The machine came with a plastic tool for the setting but unfortunately it's been misplaced. I need to know the size of it so I can make a new one. We're engraving trafolyte material.

Many thanks,
    Corina

I am curious about John Banks' post saying that the lens should be convex up. My manual specifically states convex down. Just wondering what other people say about it and if it makes any difference. I have included a picture from my manual.Laser Lens.jpg

The manual and the person that wrote it are plain wrong Dennis

Google this search term "Final Lens Orientation (The Definitive Answer)"

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

Good evening guys, I am based in the UK and am thinking of buying a "LS 1290 PRO Laser engraving and cutting machine" I currently own a Epilog Zing 16, 40 watt, I have had this for 14 months and am more than pleased with it, problem is I now need a larger cutting bed as my business has grown and I am losing business because of the size of the Epilog bed.
    Does anyone here own a LS 1290 PRO that they could give an opinion please, I am thinking of buying from HPC Lasers in Halifax yorkshire.
    Regards
    Peter