Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Chinese laser purchase/Shenui/Laserworks tips and tricks thread

I must try that tomorrow. It might be a stupid question but will the focal distance change if I turn the lens over?

It's not working for me. I get horizontal lines on the engraved surface.

John.....what are you referring to when you say "x-slop"? I just posted a thread inquiring about issues with dots outside the cutting area and distorted edges. It seems to be an issue the smaller the image is. Also, you mentioned 400 mm/sec or lower for raster. I have a Hurricane laser, Ivan 80W. Is this seriously all I can expect for speed on this laser and still get a quality engraving? My post/thread showed images of my problem and that was occurring at 200 mm/sec. Any thoughts, ideas, comments??? Thanks!

Has anyone tried Laserworks V8 and know what the differences are between that and V6? If it's an improvement, is it worth getting? I don't know however I would go about obtaining a copy if it was.

Does anyone know the new e-mail address of Robert Wang? I want to place another order but they keep using different e-mails.

Will a Shenhui G460 do this level of engraving detail?

Having retired and walked away from my business and my Epilog, I want a replacement toy to make things (esp. wood inlays). Will a Shenhui G460 work for this level of detail? It needs to engrave away the parts around the inlay and then engrave out where the inlay goes. The two parts are forced together and glued, in a press (Then sand away the backing of the inlay to reveal the pattern. This technique came from a post here at the Creek.) Another Epilog would be nice but I can get three 80 watt Shenhuis delivered to my door here in Fiji for the base cost of an Epilog Zing 16 at 40 watts (much less anything nicer).
    Double Palm Inlay.jpgKeychain Design 3.jpg
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Quote Originally Posted by John Noell View Post
    Will a Shenhui G460 work for this level of detail?
    This is a test/comparison I did when I first got my Shenhui, using 3mm MDF.

AztecCalendar-008-L.jpgAztecCloseup.jpg
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

8. it will achieve the same level of detail, it will just do it a bit slower.

9. I have found that when using the chuck type rotary (irregular) when i change the step settings, the radius of the object I am about to engrave is the exact number that will work. No more "guessing". Get some calipers, measure the diameter of the object and divide by half. If using a shot glass for example without a constant diameter, take an average reading of the area you would be engraving and divide by half to get radius.

I own a gweike using RDWork 8.0.25. Far superior to versins of RDCAM. No more "glove" to drag around image, it has CURSOR BARS. Can be downloaded here: http://en.rd-acs.com/down.aspx

Blog Entries
    Good morning everyone!

A fair number of you have suggested working with Blanca in sales at Shenhui. The reason given was that orders placed through her seemed to be more closely followed and checked before shipping, better quality control in other words. And she also helped more if there were problems with the order once it arrived.

In helping another person I found out that Blanca is no longer working with Shenhui. She is now working for Liaocheng Ray Fine Technology Co.,ltd.

Here is all her contact information. I hope this is helpful. Folks here did seem to like working with her. You don't often see Chinese laser sales reps mentioned by name unless there is a problem so the fact that she was recommended so much seemed significant.

I should add I have no clue about the quality of Liaocheng Ray Fine Technology lasers and their service reputation. For what it is worth, Blanca says they are even better machines than Shenhui. Not that she is biased, being their new employee and all. <grin> She also mentioned she has similar access and influence on the manufacturing floor as she had at Shenhui so she feels she can provide a similar level of service.

Blanca Yan
    Mobile: +86-15806808779
    Email:yanblanca@yahoo.com
    MSN:lasercnc@outlook.com
    Machine video link:
    http://u.youku.com/user_show/uid_blancayan

Dave
    Last edited by David Somers; 07-30-2014 at 1:28 PM.
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Rich, that looks pretty good. Good enough that I just wired the $$ to Shenhui for an G460 with 80 watt RECI, spare lens, mirror, and belt, with upgrade to CW5200 chiller. Total with frieght to Fiji was $3329. So far, dealing with John Wang there has been very easy. (He was trained by Blanca.)

I liked my Epilog but it went thru too many tubes (despite regulated voltage and 24/7 air con for constant temp). And while I got some good support, I also had some really bad (and unecessarily expensive) and rude support. (So much so a dealer tried to help and got nowhere.) Once I have this machine I'll update.
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

The real key man there is Yarde Feng , he also left them to work for another laser co , he was R&D and support etc - I would trust any machine he has a hand on/in
    you can reach him on skype . Yarde Feng
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

HI all, I am so happy to have found this forum . I have purchased a chinese 100w laser engraver cutter that is currently sitting in Shanghai china and will be on a slow boat from china on Monday to Brisbane Australia. This is the one I have purchased. http://keyland.en.alibaba.com/produc...low_price.html. I got the 1060 which has bed of 1000mm * 600mm. I also got the rotary attachment for it as well. Cant wait get it here. I have a very steep learning curve ahead of me lol. The reason I bought a bigger machine is that my wife has her own wedding and events hire business. and we will be engraving and cutting all sorts of stuff for that plus the millions of ideas I have in my head to make it pay for itself. I have looked at other online forums but have not seen the amount of information that flows thru here on other forums. I have enjoyed reading all the forums here and the helpful answers as well. let me know if you want pics of it when it arrives here re unboxing. Oh yeah I am planning on using CorelDraw for the laser. Any suggestions as to what version is best all round would be helpful . Thank you in advance Ross.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Ross! Pretty exciting!!!

A question for you. Have you used any of the vector drawing programs out there? In other words, do you already have experience with Illustrator or Sketchup or a version of Corel, or any other vector drawing package?

Dave
    PS...when you get a chance, you might put your laser model and any other fun toys you have i your signature, and also add your home city and country, or just the country if you want to your location. That helps folks when you post questions.

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Dave in a word NO lol. I have someone who is an expert in CorelDraw willing to teach me as long as I let him use my laser haha.