Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese laser purchase/Shenui/Laserworks tips and tricks thread

Thanks Walter.

Thanks Rich, that works great.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5\Programs\LaserWorkV5 is the folder where LaserWork plug in is installed on my Windows 7 laptop. Unless CorelDraw X5 is run as administrator (no end of file permission altering worked) then the plug in will only start a job from the machine origin regardless of Laserwork settings and using the origin button on the machine keypad. It maybe that during installation by changing the path to a folder that isn't protected it could work. [EDIT - doesn't work, the only way around running as administrator is to install CorelDrw into a folder like C:\Corel ] Running as an administrator prompts every time CorelDraw is opened (unless you disable UAC).

The workaround is to setup a scheduled task to run CorelDraw X5 with highest privileges, and then put a shortcut to the scheduled task on the desktop. http://willmtz.blogspot.com/2011/10/...o-open-in.html and of course you can change the icon so that the to the end user starting the scheduled task is seamless and instant.

Then everything seems to work great. One click into X5, and one click from X5 to Laserwork with your file sitting there. Hardly any more difficult than hitting "print" from a machine that uses a print driver, at least from Corel.

I also copied my C:\LaserWorkV5 into C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5\Programs\ which kept all my previous settings, and I also made the shortcut to Laserwork point to this location. That keeps consistency as you only have one installation of Laserwork that is in use.

Anyone know the password in Corel to edit the Laserwork macro?
    Last edited by john banks; 02-18-2012 at 6:26 PM.
    Shenhui 1280 100W RECI

The best solution for Windows Vista or 7 is I think to install Corel in C:\ and then you don't have to run Corel as administrator with all the faffing about that involves. If doing this I would not bother installing Laserwork in the C:\ either (assuming you select "plug laserwork" as Rich pointed out to get the full version), and just make a shortcut to C:\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5\Programs\LaserworkV5.exe to run it directly if you don't want to go through Corel. Then you will only have one copy of the LaserworkV5 folder on your machine and your settings will be easier to manage. It all appears to work as you'd hope except that the order of import into Laserworks seems to be bitmap first followed by ai which means the ai is displayed on top. This seems to happen whatever color or order your layers are in Corel or Laserwork and can as George points out make it difficult to see if the reverse happens as he reports. There seems to be no setting in Laserwork to move layers from front to back in display, of course you can reorder the layers though and in cut optimisation you can make it respect the order of the layers. It does seem that you have to click cut optimize and remove duplicates though rather than have a way to happen it automatically.

If anyone has noticed anything different please say!
    Shenhui 1280 100W RECI

Hi

When you change or install new tube DON'T forget to seal the connection cable with silicone. I didn't do that when i have changing my tube and after few days of using it suddenly i smell something is burning. I have turn of main power switch in my shop and start looking for shortcut. I found that spark was hitting the lid that closing the tube. It was on high voltage side so I could easy be fried if I have touch the machine before turning power of for whole shop. Be sure that all connection cables are well sealed and connected.
    Also I have found that for cutting acrylic I get much better edges if I cut in dot mode.
    For cutting I use knife table. It minimizes residue print of honeycomb. If you will use knife table you must glue or weld knifes on frame or they can move when head is accelerating.

Since i run my shop as part time job i can do some test instead of those that have machine constantly in use. Just attach the file with instruction that you are interested in.
    Shenhui laser 60W, corel Draw X5.

One more thing. I discover that i can send job to machine direct from corel X5 although shenhui claim that you can only use it with corel 12.

Would you silicone the RECI tube which has a cup over the high voltage end?

Anyone see loss of RECI performance after initial month? Mine is too early to tell and going great but there is mention of 120W (I see 100W and 130W being offered with my 100 claiming 115 on label) becoming 90-100W after a month, much faster degradation than cheap glass tubes. I would have thought Rodney would have commented given weekly threshold cutting tests?
    Shenhui 1280 100W RECI

Quote Originally Posted by Uros Sovilj View Post
    One more thing. I discover that i can send job to machine direct from corel X5 although shenhui claim that you can only use it with corel 12.

Is this RDCAM3?
    Shenhui 1280 100W RECI

My 80w has been fine , , we use it mainly for cutting and my staff and workshop manager hasn't complained about loss of performance ertc. I don't think it's working 100% (test burn isnt a solid brown dot)but hasnt dropped in power... when it dies , I will try the replacement and see if it works any better. I use it all day long to cut 3-10mm Acrylic mainly ... does a sterling job.
    Im interested in the "dotting" settings you use Uros...
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

@john banks: I use RD 3.0.27 . I don't have RECI so can't tell if silicone is needed.
    @Rodney: for 6mm acrilic i used speed 4mm/s, power 90%, dot time 0,2, dot interval 0,02 and dot lenght 0,1. I got nice edge with shalow marks that i was able to remove with polish paste by hand in no time.
    Last edited by Uros Sovilj; 02-21-2012 at 4:21 AM.

I cut one of the wires to the flow sensor and added the CW5000 in series and it works well so that both the CW5000 and the machine flow sensor have to be happy to fire the laser. Thanks for the suggestion Dan and Rich.
    Shenhui 1280 100W RECI

Anyone know how to tile objects in Corel like you can in Laserwork with an x by y number? Reason is that Laserwork will "bestrew" raster engraving items so that they are each individually rastered rather than doing a wide scan line to do many items at once. This isn't as fast as if you have lots of objects tiled.
    Shenhui 1280 100W RECI

Blog Entries
    There's a copy/repeat function... just enter the X/Y distance to repeat and the number of copies.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

In Corel it is called "Step and Repeat". You can fid it under the "Edit" menu.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

Quote Originally Posted by john banks View Post

Water temperature on the CW5000 is by default set to ambient -2C with a lower limit of 20C. I found that reducing this lower limit to 15C (read the CW5000 manual) gives a good balance of noise from the chiller and consistent performance. 10C is even better and is the sort of water temperature at which have in the morning in a workshop that has not been heated overnight, so if I set the lower limit to 10C it will keep it here and the first cut of the day is similar to the last. However, the fridge is on much more and is by far the noisiest thing in our workshop given that the compressor and exhaust are remote. Watch out for condensation. This is the basis of the 2 below ambient stock setting.

Thanks for this tip. I watched a Youtube video on how to set the CW5000 for a constant temp. I set mine at 15 degrees. It's cool here now but in the summer this should be a bonus!
    Daniel Wolanski
    President / Mag-Knight Die Cutting

FAL-F90120S, two heads, 100W each (Lasercut 5.3)
    Copam 3050 vinyl cutter
    US Cutter MH871
    Associated Pacific Machine (APM) 30, 60 & 80 Ton Presses
    DeltaCad
    Corel X4 / X6

My stepper motor driver has become faulty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhGldWkT18c

It is one of the spares I did not order!

The vectoring has gone bumpy with x-axis movement, and the motor sounds rough at less than 400mm/s, and even at that speed it sounds coarse when accelerating/decelerating.

Initially after checking the belt tension and cleaning the rail, I changed the stepper motor (pig of a job for access), but it didn't help, so I switched the stepper motor driver between x and y axis, and the problem follows the faulty stepper motor driver. DIP switches are the same. Rotary is always connected to this driver when the machine is turned off.

Have asked if Shenhui will airmail another. Having quoted for our first few jobs I hope the replacement part arrives promptly, or perhaps I'll investigate a local alternative.
    Shenhui 1280 100W RECI