Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese laser purchase/Shenui/Laserworks tips and tricks thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Browning View Post
    i have reduced the power and its really cold out so running ok now, couple questions, if the is scaling in the tubes from the water is there any way to flush/clean? also struggling to engrave letters properly as it seems to go a little fuzzy almost like there would be blowback, i am struggling to etch finely, cutting is no probs just etching seems to be an issue?

SH-G1290 80W RECI LASER ENGRAVING AND CUTTING MACHINE
    it seems to be splitting the beam and causing double engraving, strange i when it cuts its fine? please see image.IMG-20130101-WA0000.jpg

Is it the same when you set it to Uni Directional engraving rather than "Swing"?
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Harman View Post
    Is it the same when you set it to Uni Directional engraving rather than "Swing"?
    all i do is change to scan and change power and speed, typically 10-15 power and 350-500 speed as its mainly cast perspex that i am engraving.

should i be playing with other settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Browning;2022628if the is scaling in the tubes from the water is there any way to flush/clean? [COLOR=#333333
    SH-G1290 80W RECI LASER ENGRAVING AND CUTTING MACHINE[/COLOR]
    I use filtered water rather than straight tap water, the filtered water seems to have much less scale build up. For flushing, I reverse the lines so the water flows backwards and do this for 10 to 15 min as I found it helps dislodge some most of the scale. To reduce the scale going back into the tube I use an in-line canister type filter (clear plastic in-line fuel filter). Look for a high flow type filter so it doesn't restrict the flow too much, also disconnect the filter when reverse flushing.

Would be interested in hearing from others if there's a chemical or other method that's safe to use to help remove hard to remove scale, as I have some scale that I can'r get rid of from before I started using a filter.

Hope this helps
    I'm Back.... & Currently Using a 500 x 300 50w C02 Shenhui Laser
    with Corel Draw X5, RdWorks Ver8, Adobe Master Collection CS5, Ratsus Plugin for PhotoShop instead of Photograv.

If you change to uni directional engraving and the problem goes away then you know where the problem lies.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

On ammeter with 90% of power I get 13 mA. Is that OK because I saw that maksimum current for 80W RECI is 30 mA (working 28 mA).
    Epilog Mini 24/35W, Shenhui 600x900/80W RECI, CNC WK1325, Galvo Fiber 10W

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Harman View Post
    If you change to uni directional engraving and the problem goes away then you know where the problem lies.
    HI Rich, that brilliant much better now, only thing i am struggling with now is clean edges as it is almost pix elated, my Epilog used to finish to a perfect sharp letter this seems to have very fine jagged edges if you follow?

many thanks for the help so far.

Hi there
    yes the tube manufacturer recoomends a 5 to 10% muriatic acid solution and run flashing like a cirkle for 3 to 5 min then use dest water and flash it away for 5 minu.
    this cleaned my totally scumpt tube perfectly.
    greetings
    walt

Thanks Walt,
    I didn't know what muriatic acid was but did a quick google and found this:
    http://chemistry.about.com/od/molecu...iatic-Acid.htm

Yep, Spririts of Salts is what its known here as.... Thanks again!
    Regards Steve.
    I'm Back.... & Currently Using a 500 x 300 50w C02 Shenhui Laser
    with Corel Draw X5, RdWorks Ver8, Adobe Master Collection CS5, Ratsus Plugin for PhotoShop instead of Photograv.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Cox View Post
    Thanks Walt,
    I didn't know what muriatic acid was but did a quick google and found this:
    http://chemistry.about.com/od/molecu...iatic-Acid.htm

Yep, Spririts of Salts is what its known here as.... Thanks again!
    Regards Steve.
    Muriatic acid is used to clean bricks, concrete, and metal. It can be used to etch concrete also. It also does a wonderful job on barnacles on a boats running gear or outboard lower unit....eats them up!

Jimmy
    Shenhui SH-G690 Laser
    Shark Pro CNC Router
    G0619/SX3 CNC Milling Machine
    Vytek Rebel CNC Router (Mach3 Conversion)
    Rostock MAX 3D Printer
    NextEngine 3D HD Scanner
    Epson Stylus Pro 9880 Printer
    Mighty Press Transfer Press
    Chinese Laminator

hi jimmy
    thats right if you use the concentrated version, but if you use the concentration I have given (5 to 10%) you would not even hurt your self this is by the way the concentration what is in tile cleaner and some bathroom cleaner.
    to the eyglass cleaner what I use is the optical lens cleaning solution from sears this is specially formulated for reflectiv lenses. and cheap a bottle goes now for more then two years and is still half full
    greetings
    waltfl

12. Quote Originally Posted by Mike Browning View Post
    HI Rich, that brilliant much better now, only thing i am struggling with now is clean edges as it is almost pix elated, my Epilog used to finish to a perfect sharp letter this seems to have very fine jagged edges if you follow?

many thanks for the help so far.
    anyone know how to solve this?

You may need to apply some backlash compensation if you are using bidirectional scanning.
    You are probably getting this:
    -----
    ..-----
    -----
    ..-----
    (ignore dots-- just for the forum formatting)
    Rather than this
    -----
    -----
    -----
    -----
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Browning View Post
    it seems to be splitting the beam and causing double engraving, strange i when it cuts its fine? please see image.IMG-20130101-WA0000.jpg
    It is also possible that your 'reverse interval' setting in your configuration file is work. My Artsign JSM-3060N was doing the same thing and it turned out that the reverse interval setting was basically filled with gibberish - the file got corrupted somehow so the instrument was putting in an inaccurate compensation for the backlash.

I would check that first... unilateral cutting = half speed = less profits.

Rodney had posted this link to help me align my Shenui, and although it's for a Rabbit it's just about the same for the Shenui it is way better than the instructions that came with the machine and it saved me lots of time and grief so I figured it should go here.

HELP ALIGNING YOU SHENUI:
    http://www.rabbitlaserusa.com/Manual...Alignment.html
    Shenhui G460 80W RECI
    LIAOCHENG RAY FINE RF-6040-90W RECI
    Corel X5 Technical Suite, Windows 7