Thread: Question For Trotec Speedy Users

Question For Trotec Speedy Users

Have you had a situation where the imported plate is so complex that sections of the graphic are left out of the preview/job.You have to reduce the dpi way down to get the entire job and sometimes that does not do it. Sent the file to Trotec and they could not see a problem. Like its a memory issue but it happens on small jobs like nametags with a jpg logo.I use Corel 9 and I know that is not the issue. Is there a memory upgrade? (JC 6.2.3) (divers 5.14 & 5.15)Your thoughts........

The PDF show the results between a 500 and 600 DPI image at the laser Job Control preview the twist is not a large file and shown in the CDR attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mark Sipes; 02-16-2012 at 5:25 PM.
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

I don't see any problem either. That's not what I'd call a complex drawing.

I might be more concerned about using Corel 9 with a newer version of Windows. I don't think it's compatible with XP or maybe is Win7.

Are you using "enhanced" in the view menu?
    Last edited by Mike Null; 02-16-2012 at 5:58 PM.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I use driver set 5.15 and Corel 9 with XP and Driver set 5.14 and Corel 9 with Win 98........ No Difference in use. Xp ahd 4G of memory and Win98 can only handle 1G. It's the Laser software that has the problem. I just send two files to the laser to make up the tag........that's my solution.

I tried setting view to wireframe...... file is complete, expect for the twist at 600 and 1000 dpi .... did not think changing view would make any difference at the lasers end.....file prints to paper just fine also. Not a software issue as it relates to the computer becuase I have had the Corel and Job Control loaded on 5 different computer over the past 10 years with same results.....Perplexing....... Guess I need to load Corel X5 and see what happens.
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)

Mark, You probably like the movie "Back to the Future" cause you have some old stuff there. It might be time to get in that Delorean and visit 2012. JC is up to 9.4.2 I believe and firmware is somewhere around 6.2 or 6.4. CDR X5 is fairly stable and CDR X6 might come out this year and I am already reading stuff about Windows 8. If you get up to date this all might be part of the past and you will see many new tools, and these are tools of the trade, that will help you immensely. If this is just a hobby, you may not need to or want to update but these are tools.

I ran my Trotec on an old IBM Thinkpad for 6+ years with CDR X3 and win2000 but to make the jump from JC7.49 ( I think) to JC9.** it needed something in XP. So I found a used IBM pizza box style with XP and it is still going strong. Of course I do have Windows 7 ultimate on a quad core in the office that I use CDR X5 on but save files as X3 and bring it to the laser on a USB stick. I choose not to have it on the network so that nothing interferes with it. It is a bare bones dedicated PC just for the laser, so I understand the old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

I don't use the preview that much other than what's shows up in the small window under the job que. JC6.2.3 seems so long ago, I don't think mine was even that far back, so I am not sure if what I see on 9.4.2 would be the same for you. Have you talked to your rep to see if yours is upgradeable?

Hope this helps and ...
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=

It is a business and to say I drove to work in an '85 Fiero SE 2M6 might be an indicator of my reluctance to buy software that is not compatable with my other 2 rotary engravers......... I did upgrade from Win95.........The problem has been there since 2001 when I bought the laser and I was current with Drivers and the like at that time. Not sure what firmware or JC this old girl can handle but I will call Yipsalanti in the morning. Thanks
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

I bought mine in 2005 and I think my original job control was 7.2 or thereabouts. I have updated it to the latest version. But I have not seen the issue you're having.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kowalczyk View Post
    CDR X5 is fairly stable and CDR X6 might come out this year and I am already reading stuff about Windows 8.
    Win8 will be out this year, but don't expect X6 to hit until 2014...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

I don't know Dan it maybe closer than you think. Here is a link I received from Unleashed about the "Upcoming CorelDraw" sneak peek.

http://coreldraw.com/blogs/gerard/ar...ak-peek-2.aspx

They will probably drip feed us nuggets of what they are planning to get more feedback.
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=