Thread: Craftsman Jig Saw-Now A Gloat With Pics.. Kind Of

Craftsman Jig Saw-Now A Gloat With Pics.. Kind Of

I am not sure exactly how old this jig saw actually is but I saw it for the first time in the Sunday Sears add. It sells for 79.99. Model# 27245. I am wondering who this is made by for Sears or if anyone owns one and if they find it a quality saw. What I like about it, it has a 5 Amp motor and is kind of a convertible model... meaning you can take the top handle off and make it a barrel grip. Anyone have one, have any feedbacke etc. on it? I know many guys don't like Craftsman stuff.. but I have found you have to pick and choose on the Craftsman power tools, some are good... some are junk. I am looking to replace my old Skill ... don't want to replace it with a Craftsman less than desirable product if that is the case.

Thanks,
    Corey

Darren, the one is you mention is made by made by Bosch actually and is an exact duplicate other than color. It is definitely a well thought of Jig Saw. The Bosch can be gotten for 129.00 on Amazon though.
    Ok, forward fast to 5:00 this afternnoon. I am not sure that this qualifies as a gloat as I am sure some think...its a dad blame Craftsman, but.......
    Well, my wife did pick it up the new one for me and I am not dissapointed at all. As Jeff said, this one is 3 times the saw that my Skill is. It is a very solid built saw and weighs 3 times more than the Skill and has got alot of heft to it and can be used as a top handle or barrell handel, Varial Speed, tooless blade change. Switchable from dust collector to dust blower. Took a test run with it and it scrolled very well, cut 3/4 oak well, I didn't think it was noisey and with the blades I use, it didn't vibrate at all. I like the dust blower feature better than dust collector. Also came in a nice blow molded case. I don't know what a 100.00 plus jig saw works like but if it is better than this, than for 79.00 I am very happy with this one, I will keep it. Thanks for the info and input.
    Corey
    Here are some photos...

Last edited by Corey Hallagan; 03-20-2005 at 9:40 PM.

My dad has this saw, after using my bosch cordless it doesn't really compare. It is loud and vibrates more. That said, it would be a step up from the Skill. It is a decent enough saw, just not as refined as the Bosch.
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Thanks Jeff.... I went ahead and sent the wife out to get it..... Sears is well known for not having stuff in stock. Maybe they won't have it. I thought maybe it might be another one made by Bosch. I have been looking at the Bosch.... guess I should keep looking!
    Corey

I think if you are wanting the good Craftsman Jig saw, you have to go with the one that is $150 (#27719), which I believe is the same as the Dewalt. At least it looks just like it.

I have posted photos now.

Corey

Corey,

Congrats on the saw! I have a shop full of Craftsman tools, they do the job!
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"