Thread: Classifieds

Question Classifieds

I know in the Sawmill Creek forum there is a section for classifieds but it's for woodworkers. Is there a reason why there isn't one for engravers? It may be beneficial to others to have a section dedicated to engravers. I have accumulated quite a bit of stock over the years some of which I know I'm not going to use & would rather let someone else be able to put to good use.
    Epilog 35 Watt Mini 12" x 24"
    New Hermes V3400
    Kwikprint 55
    CorelDraw 2017, Illustrator, Photoshop

Liesl,

The classifieds section is for woodworkers, engravers, cnc people--anyone that has equipment/items to sell. The only requirement is that you must be a contributor to post or respond.

Jackie Outten
    Last edited by Jackie Outten; 02-17-2012 at 9:31 AM.

Ahhh, ok...good to know. I saw it mentioned woodworkers & looked quickly through the classifieds, thought it was limited to just woodworkers. Thanks for clarifying.
    Epilog 35 Watt Mini 12" x 24"
    New Hermes V3400
    Kwikprint 55
    CorelDraw 2017, Illustrator, Photoshop

Blog Entries
    Nah... occasionally you'll even find full laser systems for sale in there.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

I think you could post there in the classified, then put a post here in the engravers forum that you have something up there for sale. I personally don't look in the classifieds, but if i knew there was something there for lasers I would go look at it.

Bruce
    Last edited by Bruce Dorworth; 02-17-2012 at 11:55 AM. Reason: spelling
    Hardware: Chinese Laser
    GWeike C1290 80 watt Reci laser
    Home built CNC, Joe's hybrid 4x4
    12" Delta Bandsaw, Jet Table Saw
    Router table, and more.
    Software: CorelDraw Suite 5x
    PhotoShop 7,

Just like newspaper, Craigslist, Ebay or anyone of a 1000 types of selling mediums; what do they all have in common? Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, Times up.

They all have sub-categories and I think that is what Leisl was looking for as would I. If there was a link, for each category, that would post the latest item kinda like whats on the home page for most active. I think it would drive more traffic to it since many probably don't want to have to sift through a whole bunch of Neanderthal stuff to look for laser items (and vice-versa) but if they want to to look they can. This would also allow you to see classified traffic broken down by category.

Just thinking out loud.
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Dorworth View Post
    I think you could post there in the classified, then put a post here in the engravers forum that you have something up there for sale. I personally don't look in the classifieds, but if i knew there was something there for lasers I would go look at it.

Bruce
    Bruce,

Sorry but we don't allow double or cross posting. If a lot of people started cross posting it would get very confusing. There are individual forums to keep topics of interest in logical order, creating new threads just to point to another thread would be counter productive.

Michael,

vBulletin isn't designed for auction or sales purposes so it doesn't have the tools built-in to customize forums to the extent we would like. Our Classifieds Forum isn't a primary area here, we provide the forum as a secondary service and we wouldn't want it to overshadow our woodworking forums.

I was recently able to buy a rotary attachment out of the classifieds here, good price too.
    Some people go their whole life wondering if they made a difference in the world, Marines don't have that problem.(R. Reagan)

Epilog Helix 60 watt laser
    Corel Draw X5
    EngraveLab 8