Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a laugh this morning? Dust Deputy

When all else fails....get the directions out of the trash!
    Women are like phones. They love to be held and talked to, but if you press the wrong buttons you'll get disconnected!

Life is one fool thing after another whereas love is two fool things after each other

Ever get sucked into something the wife is trying to put together from the directions?

She eventually drags you in and your stuck with her shoving the directions under your
    nose.

Now these are the directions she couldn't understand and she expects you to.

I was unpacking some piece of equipment making a sort of verbal inventory to myself:

Stand, Cable, Motor, ...

as I picked up the manual my wife goes "Instructions to ignore..."

I must not have the "we don't need no stinkin' instructions" gene that most guys seem to have. My wife actually makes fun of the fact that I will peruse instruction manuals (more than most). Maybe it's because I'm not so adventurous, maybe I'm overly anal, but I don't want to screw up I guess. (not that that's always preventable).

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Moyer View Post
    I must not have the "we don't need no stinkin' instructions" gene that most guys seem to have. My wife actually makes fun of the fact that I will peruse instruction manuals (more than most). Maybe it's because I'm not so adventurous, maybe I'm overly anal, but I don't want to screw up I guess. (not that that's always preventable).
    Same here, but I suspect my problem is a slight tendency to be obsessive. I tear open new stuff just enough to get at the manual then pour over it for a while (sometimes a long while) before proceeding.

I have to confess to being another that can overdo the study before action thing. I learned somewhere way back that i really hated to have to rework stuff, or to get half way through a job and realise that it can't be done right because i've overlooked something - or worse still that i'm stuck with something sub standard for years because it's not possible to backtrack.

I like to think that I get the time back when it comes to execution. Age seems to play a part in it though, as i've got older the possibility of getting bogged down seems to have crept in....

ian

Quote Originally Posted by ian maybury View Post
    ....I learned somewhere way back that i really hated to have to rework stuff, or to get half way through a job and realise that it can't be done right because i've overlooked something - or worse still that i'm stuck with something sub standard for years because it's not possible to backtrack.
    +1 on that. Can't remember when I learned that lesson but I really ingrained it when I did..

Thanks to Rick for paving the way. I feel so much relief being able to admit in public that I too read the installation and safety instructions on all new tools >before< I start assembly. Wow, I think this has been a life-changing thread!!

It's about a 50/50 shot to get the cyclone installed right, luckily I did mine right the first time.

My worst blunder was I installed a sawblade backwords in a circular saw. And I even cut a few inches of plywood with the blade on backwards!