Thread: Oshlun saw blades

Oshlun saw blades

Anybody have experience with combo blades from Oshlun?

Interested in the 40T combo which is an ATB and they also have a 50T that has teeth in groups of 5, being 4 ATB with one FT at the end. I want a blade to just leave in my saw all the time except for really clean plywood cuts. I have a blade for that. I have the dado set from Oshlun and very much like it. Thanks for any input.

Bobby

I like it, but it is different in thickness. I believe it is just under 0.1" (3/32).

For this reason I have not used the Oshlun combo in a while. It messes with the fence measurements.

Maybe Scott Spencer will reply - he is the king of saw blade info here

Interesting. I did notice that the kerf wasn't listed in the description on Amazon. I assumed it was full kerf then, but its actually sub thin kerf? If that is the only option, then that is probably a deal breaker. I'm not interested in readjusting the fence. I thought about going with a WWII but find myself not believing it can be worth the price since I rarely, if ever, go straight from the table saw to finishing. There is usually some treatment on the edge, be it a profile, a joint of some kind or simply a plane run across it. Maybe it is worth $120 but on a tight budget and with my setup/style I don't think I can swing it.

Bobby,

An alternative to the WWII (which I feel is over-priced) is the Ridge Carbide TS2000. I've been using one for several years and it still cuts like new. Holbren.com has them for $89.95. They give Creekers a 10% discount (code SMC10) and orders over $75 ship free. So, you're looking at $81 out the door for a premium saw blade.

No affiliation with Holbren - just a satisfied customer (They have great prices on Whiteside router bits too).
    Stan

You can buy new Oshlun blades on ebay at reasonable prices with free shipping.

I've got a 40T Oshlun that I think is a good blade and a very good value. AFAIK, their 10" blades are full kerf only. Either one you mentioned should be fine for every day general use, but I think current pricing on the Delta 35-7657 upstages them a bit if you're looking for full kerf. The 40T ATB Delta 35-7657 (formerly the DeWalt DW7657) is available for ~ $26 shipped from Amazon....the DW version was very well reviewed by Wood as a dark horse challenger to the WWII...at time it was ~ $50.

What saw are you using?
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

The saw is an old 2hp Crafstman. The reason I am after a full kerf is because 1.) the saw handles them fine for my uses 2.) the rest of my blades and set up are full kerf 3.) and this isn't a long term saw. The next machine will be bigger.

Thin kerf would probably be better for this saw long term but it'll do for now.

I was a little off. 0.11" http://www.oshlun.com/combination.html I am almost positive their other 10" are full kerf. I liked the blade until I kept switching blades and noticed something was amiss
    Last edited by Kurt Cady; 02-20-2012 at 10:58 PM.