As in "glutton for".
Finally finished up the pecan crotch cluster piece. I kept thinking I might get down to some wet wood, but it was pretty dry throughout and it was hard (I now understand the term pecancrete). I thought I would never get the hollowing done. All told, I think I have about 15 - 16 hours in this piece, changed the cutter on the hollower at least 10 times. I could only take the very lightest of cuts, with all of the cracks and voids even with the steady rest the vibration was bad.
But I overcame the challenge and managed to turn the piece without it blowing up . Now that I've got that out of my system, I'll be able to pass up the next chunk of wood that looks like that!
I shortened it up a fair amount (couldn't stand the thought of spending any more time hollowing it) and it ended up about 5 1/2" tall by 5". It's got a coat of danish oil so far and I'll follow that up with some WOP.
Here's a reminder of what I started out with.
And here's the finished piece. Don't know if it was worth all the time spent on it, just glad it's finally done.
This is a shot of the opening on top.
Thanks for looking!
Comments and critiques are welcome.