First off I want to thank Ed Sallee for his help and inspiration in my rendition of his flag case design.

I put this off for a long time, not quite knowing why but my conscience finally got the better of me and well, here it is. Dad was always a fan of quarter sawn White Oak so thats what I used. He liked simple things, not a fan of glitz or flash so that was the direction I took in laying this out. Just tried to keep it simple and clean cut lines.

I seemed however, like it was missing the personal touch of something, but wasn't sure what. The idea of etching the glass in the lower display area came to mind. Dad was always proud of his time spent in the Air Force, and since the flag is representing his service to our country I thought why not take it a little further. After some digging I was able to find the logo/emblem of his squadron and included it in the piece, the 74th Interceptor Squadron. After seeing the end result I'm very glad I did that, seems to really tell a story. The nice part is this is something that will be handed down to grandkids and great grandkids and maybe he won't be just a name but they can look at this and get a sense of who the man was.

.2008_05060008.JPG2008_05060004.JPG2008_05060007.JPG2008_05060002.JPG