Thread: I'd rather spend time with you (on my android)

Smile I'd rather spend time with you (on my android)

Apologies, in advance, if this has already been discussed to death.
    So, I know I don't contribute that often to this forum, but that is mostly because great, solid responses have been made by the time I get home and online. I am a dedicated lurker though. I work in a two-man shop with no computer so I rely on my phone to entertain me when I take a break. Because i spend the bulk of my day with ear protection on, I am largely "alone". This forum makes me feel like I'm participating, even peripherally, in a social conversation, which is good for the psyche. Unfortunately this forum is too small and awkward when viewed that way so I've found another forum that has an app. What I love about this forum is that everyone is nice and respectful. I'm sure there are a lot of diverging points of view here but, even in the "off topic" forum, I only see civility. The personalities on that "other" site cannot seem to have a single discussion, whether talking about a laguna bandsaw or lowe's, without reducing it to tirades on tyranny, religious fundamentalism, and flags.
    Are there plans for a mobile site or app for SMC? If not, are there other ways to view this forum on a mobile device that makes it easier? Will it help if i give you money?

I would be very happy to see a mobile version as well.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

I must enter replies as plain text, but otherwise the site loads fine on my Android tablet.

Installing the Forum Runner plug in would be great.

I have no experience with Andriod, but this and other forum sites work just fine on my iPad. (as well as my iPhone, although that's obviously the "small screen" version)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Matt,
    The forum works fine on my Adroid Charge, but it is time consuming to stretch out the screen so you can read it then slide it over to continue. I assume you are requesting a "special app" that would make the smartphone visit here more user friendly and therefore more enjoyable??
    If so, I 2nd that motion because I too would like to visit more often than I do when the only access is with my smartphone.

Jim

Matt

I am a lot like you, working alone but mainly on a job site. I have an Incredible II running Android 2.3.4. I have no problems running the site, I do not find it an issue to slide to view. My bookmark is to forums and I can pretty well read it without expanding. One quick expand and I am all set. Jim, once I am in a thread as I expand to be able to read the text it adjusts to the width of the window so I do not have to slide it over. Typing of course, is a different issue!!

Bob

The site runs well on my Samsung Epic G-4 Android.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....