Thread: Delta Lathe 46-460 Rebate - Delays and Frustration

Delta Lathe 46-460 Rebate - Delays and Frustration

Just an FYI. I purchased a 46-460 lathe from Delta in October, mailed in the $50 rebate and received email notification from Delta on November 1st saying the rebate was processed and should be mailed in 4-6 weeks.

17 weeks later, no rebate and I make a call and they say 'oh, we are just a little behind, but it will be mailed out Monday'.

I expect a little more from Delta. 17 weeks on a 4-6 week estimate is pretty dang bad.

That being said, I love the lathe though....

So if you are waiting on a rebate on the same tool, I advise you check if you ever got it and give them a call.
    Grady - "Thelma, we found Dean's finger"
    Thelma - "Where is the rest of him?!"

I've been waiting 3 weeks for a couple of parts for my tool rest. Both of them are still back ordered. Don't know what's going on because Delta has been very prompt in the past.

Not sure what to say regarding the rebate issue. Not really any excuse for that. As far as parts, keep in mind that you aren't actually getting parts from Delta these days. As a part of the Stanley take over of Delta/PC/B&D/Dewalt, and the subsequent selling of Delta, Stanley still has ownership of the Delta parts division. This will last for at least another 18 months. At this point, all that Delta is doing is sending in orders to Stanley. If you have a local service center, check with them and see if they have the part in stock.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Colombo View Post
    I've been waiting 3 weeks for a couple of parts for my tool rest. Both of them are still back ordered. Don't know what's going on because Delta has been very prompt in the past.

Just bought a 18-900L and the Delta factory rep assured me that the rebates are processed in-house and mailed promptly.
    17 weeks is ridiculous

That is very frustrating. I hope this is still just teething pains after the change in ownership. Delta has a couple of machines that are best in class and I would hate to see them go down hill.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

The rep on the phone explained that the cause of the delay is that this was the first time they have done rebates in house, and they only have 3 people handling them and they had a huge amount of rebates above what they were expecting.
    Grady - "Thelma, we found Dean's finger"
    Thelma - "Where is the rest of him?!"

Then they should have hired temp help. I'm going to be ticked if the one on my DP takes that long!

We deal with alot of tire mfg. rebates at my shop, some will take up to 3 months. Be patient, they will get it back to you. I would not worry about the financial status of Delta because they are taking too long on rebates.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

I got my rebate on the unisaw in eight weeks so you will get it at some point. Seventeen weeks would have me upset but I would not trade my unisaw or 18" drill press.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Monson View Post
    I would not worry about the financial status of Delta because they are taking too long on rebates.
    If anything it soulds like they just had a large cash infusion if the number of rebates is any indication!
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.