Thread: Rockler Customer service... Excellent

Rockler Customer service... Excellent

We are expecting a new grandson in May, we are going to build a high chair for him. The one with the marquetry on the back. Anyways, to save time we ordered the maple high chair tray from Rockler. $59.99 less a 20% coupon. The quality sucked! I usually read the reviews but must not have this time. The surface was very rough, lots of mill marks from the router bit and worse of all, deep tear out. I expected more for the price, it is less than 2 board feet of maple.

I called Rockler, told them I was unhappy with the quality, they apologized for the inconvenience it caused me and sent me a prepaid shipping label to return it at their expense. They only asked for the order number, I volunteered the details of what I didn't like about the product.

This is why I continue to do business with companies like Rockler, Lee Valley, and Amazon. I can depend on great customer service.

I like this forum because we report good customer service as well as poor customer service.

Fine print... I have no association with the companies mentioned above, I am just a woodworker that buys more than I should sometimes.
    Hello, My name is John and I am a toolaholic

I only have one beef with Rockler. In their catalogs they show a white stick on measuring tape, with the words "made in the USA" on it. They ship, and have so for months a yellow tape made in Tiawan.

I have a Rockler and Woodcraft local to me. I certainly have had a much better experience with Rockler's customer service.

I love Amazon, but in the past few months have started to see far too many counterfiet/copy items being sold there without any ad removals on their end. You'd never know if you weren't reading the reviews.