Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a "quest machine" or tool

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Van, ignore the above post, he's from much farther away than me, I'll make you the same deal and save you some money on shipping.

Regards, Rod.
    Ok sound good... not.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by mreza Salav View Post
    Rod: I disagree, Edmonton is certainly closer to LA than Toronto.
    If you read closely the LA I am in is NOT in Cali-fornia...

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by David Kumm View Post
    Oliver 12 for the price of a 166, although the Martin T52 on WoodWeb is about as quest as a jointer gets. A short stroke Felder KF7 compact from the late 1990s or a Knapp kfs 1500 saw shaper would work for a backup combo. Dave
    I expected you to chime in with some interesting ones! BTW a T52 popped up on the Denver CL yesterday... $7250

http://denver.craigslist.org/tls/2862284990.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    Van, I won't even ask why you want THAT band saw... because it doesn't really matter.

Well, there is only one reason, I think it is cool.

To Bruce, if I had Jay Leno's money I would have a bandsaw AND car collection. There might be as many bandsaws as cars but then again every bandsaw (and other machine) I have ever remotely wanted could all be bought for the price of the first car I would buy with his money, a Ferrari 250 GTO, but since the last one sold for over 30 million I guess that alone would put a dent in even Jay's wallet!

F410 or equivalent with a Tersa head.

I have a bug to have another Volvo 240 wagon/5 speed lately that has been taking up more of my search time.

Van, there was a beautiful Oliver bandsaw for sale up here but I just did a search and it is gone. I have seen the saw, the fellow used to work for me and every once in a while he will put it on Craigs for a day or so when he is tight I guess, then take it off. If you are interested in such an animal I'll let you know next time it is on. He wants $3900, but it is awesome.

Larry

Greetings from NC!
    Quest Machine for me? I've been looking for a vintage oscillating spindle sander for 3+ years now. If anyone has a lead on one, I'm not picky, needing restoration is okay. Here's a quick list of vintage makes, in no particular order: Oliver, Wysong & Myles, Porter-Cable, Boice-Crane, Max, State, Syracuse, Wonder, and Yates-American.

Anyone?

Regards,
    Tom Wassack
    Asheboro, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wassack View Post
    Greetings from NC!
    Quest Machine for me? I've been looking for a vintage oscillating spindle sander for 3+ years now. If anyone has a lead on one, I'm not picky, needing restoration is okay. Here's a quick list of vintage makes, in no particular order: Oliver, Wysong & Myles, Porter-Cable, Boice-Crane, Max, State, Syracuse, Wonder, and Yates-American.

Anyone?

Regards,
    Tom Wassack
    Asheboro, NC

Davis and Wells has a couple of American made Max units but they aren't at bottom feeder prices plus cross country shipping. Also they don't update their site often so they may be gone.

I know this is going to sound odd to a lot of you, but a Ryobi WDS1600 Cantilevered Wide Drum sander. It would of course have to be in mint, or as close as possible condition.

Not sure the year or the model, but I remember my Dad had this enormous cast iron bed, legged lathe from Rockwell when I was a kid. But then again, a new mustard monster would be fine too...

A Saw Stop 3HP PCS sold in good shape for a price I can afford would be in that quest too!
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

Do you have a "quest machine" or tool
    I really, really, really want a WWII German Tiger tank....

I'd settle for a decent 14" bandsaw @ a resonable price though.

Quote Originally Posted by David Hostetler View Post
    I know this is going to sound odd to a lot of you, but a Ryobi WDS1600 Cantilevered Wide Drum sander. It would of course have to be in mint, or as close as possible condition.

!
    Any reason you want the Ryobi over a Performax or Jet cousins?

A delta Unidrill (like hen's teeth), and a grey Delta 14" bandsaw from the 40s or 50s. The bandsaw should be doable, eventually, but the unidrill is not the easiest item to find in ATL.

Best spindle sander ever, Kindt collins with all the spindles and throat plates- and less than 3K Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    I expected you to chime in with some interesting ones! BTW a T52 popped up on the Denver CL yesterday... $7250

http://denver.craigslist.org/tls/2862284990.html
    Same one. Dave

My quest is to have more shop time.

But I'd love to have an Oliver pattern maker's lathes with all the tooling. One of the big boys like a 20B.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Quote Originally Posted by David Hostetler View Post
    I have one of those I picked up last year. I'd love to get one of the General International dual drum units to replace it someday.