Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a laugh this morning? Dust Deputy

Need a laugh this morning? Dust Deputy

So after years of procastinating I final bought a dust deputy for my shop vac. I unpacked it and screwed the 5 gallon pail to the top of my shopvac (limited shop space). I even bought a new paper filter for the vac, I then hooked everything up and put it to use. It seemed to be working fine but when I checked the filter it was full of dust What the heck? So, like any guy as a last resort I got the directions out and looked at the photos. Well I had the cyclone hooked up BACKWORDS, LOL!!! Once I hooked it up correctly it works great.
    Randy Gazda
    Big Sky Country

i did that with the clearvue mini so you're not alone lol

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Gazda View Post
    I final bought a dust deputy for my shop vac.

Stealth gloat rule number 1: No pixture, didn't happen.

You silly dufuss! I can't imagine doin' anything that........................
    Oh CRAP! I have done something like that. I installed the tines on my garden tiller backwards. I "un-tilled" a large area wondering all the time why the tiller wasn't working well.
    That means you and I are members of the same fraternity............Stupididus maximus (was that Latin?).
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

When you hooked it up correctly, did the unit remove the dust from the filter?

Interesting, I didn't think to try that. I blew out the filter with the airhose. I must say now that it is hooked up correctly, it does seem to be working very well. Now if I just had room for a two stage dust collector or a super dust deputy on my single stage. One step at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    When you hooked it up correctly, did the unit remove the dust from the filter?
    Randy Gazda
    Big Sky Country

Aren't you ALWAYS supposed to get it wrong the first time?

This is Nature's anti-boredom mechanism.

Unpacked my SawStop contractor's saw, carefully installed it per their wonderful directions, started cutting wood and all the wood I cut burnt. Darn hard to cut also.

Yes, the saw blade was on backwards. Doh!!!! Everyone has their &*(%^%^ moments. Enjoy the Dust Deputy.

Been there, done that. I relocated my 3-phase dust collector a year or so ago. It just didn't suck as good as it used to before I moved it... I had flipped two wires and it was running backwards!

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    Unpacked my SawStop contractor's saw, carefully installed it per their wonderful directions, started cutting wood and all the wood I cut burnt. Darn hard to cut also.

Yes, the saw blade was on backwards. Doh!!!! Everyone has their &*(%^%^ moments. Enjoy the Dust Deputy.
    i did that too. started wondering if everyone who recommended the forrest WW blade was smoking dope lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill White View Post
    You silly dufuss! I can't imagine doin' anything that........................
    Yeah, what Bill said why I would never . . . . Oh. Wait a minute . . . .

Thanks for the laugh to start my day.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Directions! I Don't need no stinkin' directions!

Thanks for the laugh, we all need one at least daily, and so far I'm way ahead of the game! Russ

Blog Entries
    like the old saying says.... "if all else fails, read the directions"

glenn, your AV brings back some good old memories of computer class and the big old 5-1/2" floppy drives!

As far as I can tell you did things the way most guys do it: put it together, then read the directions. Why break the tradition?

I thought once that I had made a mistake, but I was mistaken.