Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a couple of gloats..

a couple of gloats..

I ordered a captive system from Randy a little while back. This is what showed up yesterday. I have yet to put it together and give it a test. I will this weekend. I was looking at the Monster wesite and found that thye no longer offer this system. Not sure why but I could not find it. I did call to let them know it got delivered and Randy answered the phone. Thant was a good sound to hear. The second pic is of the clearing for my new shop. It will be 30'x60' with a 10' porch running the full 60' length. It will have a 30'x40' dedicated turning area. I have some pecan cracking equipment for the other 20' area. Comments are welcome. Russell
    Attached Images Attached Images

Russell,

Both top notch gloats, for sure.

Your pecan cracking equipment: does that use some type of gas?

Rich
    *** "I have gained insights from many sources... experts, tradesman & novices.... no one has a monopoly on good ideas." Jim Dailey, SMC, Feb. 19, 2007
    *** "The best way to get better is to leave your ego in the parking lot."----Eddie Wood, 1994
    *** We discovered that he had been educated beyond his intelligence........
    *** Student of Rigonomics & Gizmology

Waste Knot Woods
    Rice, VA

Rich it is all electric. It does create a lot of red dust, so I am putting a wall between the two areas. For November, and December and most of January we run 6 days a week and 9+ hours a day. It is seasonal but the money is good. It will pay for the shop in 2-3 years.

Years ago my dad, who bought, buttered, salted, and gave away pecans to his friends, stopped into the Georgia "factory" where he had dealt, by phone, for years and years. The two little old ladies oohed and ahhed over him, then gave him a tour, where he saw how the gas was used to hull the nuts, a la a tiny drill bit and some type of enclosure. I'd love to see it first hand.
    *** "I have gained insights from many sources... experts, tradesman & novices.... no one has a monopoly on good ideas." Jim Dailey, SMC, Feb. 19, 2007
    *** "The best way to get better is to leave your ego in the parking lot."----Eddie Wood, 1994

Waste Knot Woods
    Rice, VA

And I love pecan to turn, such a lovely wood, but not too much of it comes available up here.

Waste Knot Woods
    Rice, VA

Good gloats, Russell. According to the Monster website, he's stopped taking orders for the captive system due to high demand and limited shop resources. Looks like you got yours just in time!
    Steve \o/
    Dynamite With A Laser Beam LLC
    Epilog Helix 75W/Epilog Fusion Edge 80W and Jet 1642-EVS2

Fine looking system, and glad you were able to squeak in on availability. Look forward to seeing how your shop goes...geez, that's the real gloat in this thread for me. I'd love to expand behind my shop even half that amount.
    Laugh at least once daily, even if at yourself!

Great gloat Russell. You will like it. Going to be a nice shop.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Going to be a sweet shop Russell! We did almonds for years...dirty, noisy, dusty work...I do not miss driving a shaker.
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

You're gonna have a lot of fun!

Blog Entries
    WOW! I wish I could walk out backto a shop that big. Congratulations on both. I just have a little 12x20 at home. I do have a 50x50 at work though but it's nice to just walk out back and start turning. Keep us updated with pictures of the shop build too please.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

Dang, a shop with a porch! How cool is that. Enjoy the new hollowing system.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

enjoy Russel, good gloat

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Eaton View Post
    It will have a 30'x40' dedicated turning area.
    Now, that right there is enough to cause a feller to be a bit jealous!!!

Russell, that is a beautiful setting for the shop, and you are due a double CONGRATS! I had been thinking about going ahead and getting the captured parts for my Monster rig - guess I will need to wait a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Eaton View Post
    It will have a 30'x40' dedicated turning area.
    That's about the footprint of my house!