Thread: Huios

Huios

Huios_7.jpgHuios_4.jpgHuios_2.jpgHuios.jpg

His name is “Huios” which is the Greek word for a son. He was made as a donation for a silent auction taking place on March 9
    th. All the money will go to Rev. Grant Armstrong and his wife Amy. The funds will be used for the purpose of adopting a son from Ethiopia.

The 4 sections of the pod represent Grant, Amy and their two daughters. The white grain represents their arms stretched out, surrounding, comforting, protecting, and nurturing the seeds inside the hollowed vessel. The seed pod is a vessel for carrying and caring for the seeds until fertile ground is reached. The seeds placed inside the pod represent their son, the sound of a baby rattle, and the music of his native land.

Many important figures throughout history were adopted; Steve Jobs, Moses, Esther, and Jesus Christ.

“Huios” measures approximately 3.5 inches tall, 5 inches wide and 5 inches long. This seed pod is turned from white ash using the lost wood process. It is carved, dyed blackand is finished with wipe-on poly and lime wax.

If anyone is interested in participating in the silent auction, please contact me.

All comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.
    Last edited by Joe Landon; 02-24-2012 at 6:08 PM.
    "My favorite piece is my last one, my best piece is my next one."

Very nice and nice story. I wish them well with the adoption.

Very cool! Best of luck with the auction!

Joe another beautiful piece but a more beautiful story. Good on you for donating for such a worthy cause. I hope the auction is a huge success.

Just to cool. Good luck at the auction.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.