Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tres cajas de madera

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Underwood View Post
    I'm afraid your fancy labels suffer from translation:

Short, Fat, Weak?

The picture of the boxes speaks for itself. Very nice!
    Just goofing around with the online English to Spanish translator. I don't know much Spanish but the translator said flacos translates to skinny. So Corto, Gourdos, Flacos is short, fat, skinny, much like me depending on which parts you're looking at.

Thanks for the comments. These are just sanded to 220, the pitch gums the sandpaper instantly so after a few seconds you're just burnishing. The turpentine in the pitch creates a high that's even better than spraying lacquer.
    After these 'dry out' and loose their tackiness, I'll probably resand them by hand and give them a couple coats of lacquer. For now they just have a sprayed on wiped off shot of deft lacquer to pop the color and get rid of the sticky on the surface.

Faust, sometimes
    la grasa es hermosa, so is corto and flacos....usually nothing to do with the shape.

Curt - great looking work! Love the grain and the natural coloring of the wood!

I am afraid that my Spanish is limited to dos cerveza por favor, cinco de mayo and se habla Taco Bell.... so it is good to know some additional words! Also, I thought David Keller already went by the name of El Hefe.... which reminds me Juan, do you know what Plethora means???
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Great set of boxes Curt. Those recessed lids sure add a distinct look.

Muy bueno! Not a plethora but a great looking trio...
    David DeCristoforo

very nice, do not see much pine

Great form and wood Curt! Makes a very nice set!

Really nice work, Curt! I have to ask about the turning--I think you'd mentioned having some Ponderosa a while back; how was it to turn? I've turned old Virginia Pine before, nice tight grain, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Yours is some really nice looking stuff!

usually nothing to do with the shape
    Curt,
    How right you are!!
    faust