Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just seen one of the stupidest things ever

Blog Entries

Just seen one of the stupidest things ever

i just seen an accident waiting to happen and it has to be the dumbest thing ever made!

its a heated steering wheel cover on sale at Menards. you plug it into your 12v dc outlet.
    thats all i need is a power cord flying around my steering wheel when im turning a corner
    and getting wrapped up around my hands or something and causing an accident?

"Heated Steering Wheel Cover by Winplus provides warmth, comfort, and protection for all seasons. The steering wheel cover's easy slip on design makes it easy to place over the wheel while still providing a tight fit. Simply plug in the 12V cord attached to the steering wheel cover prior to driving to warm up the steering wheel to make driving on a cold day more enjoyable. Never use the heating function while driving - only to warm your steering wheel prior to operating your vehicle."

Blog Entries
    thats much better but it didnt show that disclaimer in their ad. i wonder how long the heat lasts after you unplug it?

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Fiore View Post
    "Heated Steering Wheel Cover by Winplus provides warmth, comfort, and protection for all seasons. The steering wheel cover's easy slip on design makes it easy to place over the wheel while still providing a tight fit. Simply plug in the 12V cord attached to the steering wheel cover prior to driving to warm up the steering wheel to make driving on a cold day more enjoyable. Never use the heating function while driving - only to warm your steering wheel prior to operating your vehicle."
    That won't stop some idiot from trying to drive with it plugged in!

Almost as stupid as the braille keys on drive-thru ATMs.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Blog Entries
    my parents owned an auto body repair shop for 40 years and the idiot story i remember hearing about was the guy in his new motor home that turned
    on his cruise control and went into the back to make a sandwich and wondered why his camper went into the ditch!

ever buy a new lawnmower lately? some come with a cap that seals the gas tank till the new owner uses it. i heard from the sales man that a lady came in and said she couldnt beleive how little gas her new mower used, but for some reason it wouldnt start....
    14x48 custom 2hp 9gear lathe
    9 inch pre 1940 craftsman lathe
    36 inch 1914 Sydney bandsaw (BEAST)
    Wood in every shelf and nook and cranny,,, seriously too much wood!

Another brain storm...

To Brian's post...

...I have seen braille buttons in parking garage elevators as well. Just wondering why?

Have you ever seen a blind person walk up to an ATM and use it why make 2 models also I worked with a blind person that would get dropped off in the parking garage at work. his seeing eye dog would take him to the elevator and he would use the buttons.
    Last edited by Jerome Stanek; 02-22-2012 at 7:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    If the ATMs machine are in downtown on a bus line then the blind people might be using the drive-in ATM after the inside bank are closed

Quote Originally Posted by curtis rosche View Post
    to the blind question.......

how does a blind person know when they are done wipping in the bathroom? they cant see if the paper is clean?
    not very funny

Quote Originally Posted by ray hampton View Post
    If the ATMs machine are in downtown on a bus line then the blind people might be using the drive-in ATM after the inside bank are closed
    Exactly. I've walked or biked up to drive-in ATM's myself. Also, a blind person could be with an assistant/driver and be able to do his banking.

Besides, they probably just standardize all keypads for cost effectiveness, rather than have to specify which machines get little bumps on the keys.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Griffin View Post
    Besides, they probably just standardize all keypads for cost effectiveness, rather than have to specify which machines get little bumps on the keys.
    A prize for the gentleman....
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    Above: is a joke.

Most good comedians define a joke as an exxagerated story.

I am visually impaired. I don't read braille in my daily life, but I CAN read it and I routinely walk to the bank and use the drive-up ATM. Just sayin'.