Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any glass experts here?

Acetone pretty much removes anything.

I'd take some good, clear, packing tape and stick it to a spot on the window when it is dry. Then I'd pull it off. I'd try this on the same spot a few times with new pieces of tape. Then I'd apply a mist of water and take another look and see if the pattern has changed at all.

Scott,

What ever became of this?

How about a Mr Clean "Magic Eraser." That thing has worked some magic for me before on a few things.

use Ammonia water to wash mine no film

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin W Johnson View Post
    Scott,

What ever became of this?
    Believe it or not, lady luck stepped in. I was riding down the road and had someone in the passenger seat and they said "how long has that crack been in the window?". I said "What crack, what are you talking about?". They said "Right there, behind the mirror". Sure enough, it was a 6" long crack that my mirror was blocking from my view. Two days later, it was across 1/2 the windshield. So it was replaced.

I've tried about everything recommended on this thread and every "sure fire" method from anyone that has ever mentioned it, and it won't come off the back window. It's apparently etched into the glass and all the cleaner in the world won't correct that.

So the front windshield is clean and clear, the back still has the mess on it.

I haven't run it through a car wash, and won't now because I'm not risking etching the new glass just to test the theory.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.